Error installing new Rig Manager for Mac

• I have a Mac Mini, only a year and a half old, running OSX 10.9.5. I just downloaded the new Rig Manager (1.2.2), and when I click on the downloaded .pkg file I get an error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
    couldn't open "Rig Manager OSX 1.2.2.pkg"

I tried downloading again, and I get the same error every time. I removed the old RM from my Applications folder, as well. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Strange. You should be able to install.

Check your security settings. In the preferences window, select "Security & Privacy".
    Click the lock and enter your password to allow changes.
    Under the "Allow Apps downloaded from the" section, select "Mac App Store and Identified developers"

Other than a corrupt .pkg file, I can't think of any other reason for the failure.

• I have a mac mini as well and just installed Rig manager last week. I'm wondering what program is set to open the .pkg? That can be an issue sometimes as well.

try disabling the security and privacy for that download as HappyPicker pointed out.

Good Luck!

• It won't open it at all. I just tried changing the security settings according to HappyPicker's instructions - they were already set like you suggest, but I loosened them even further for "Any apps", and it still gave me the same error when I tried it. I wonder if the download file is corrupt. It did take a long time to download, despite only being 12MB.

• i don't think the download is corrupt, you've downloaded it twice with the same result. any chance you can try to open the installer on another mac?
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• nope, trying to open/install on another Mac did not work - got the same error. I did download a third-party app called UNPKG that successfully unpacked the contents, from which I could open Rig Manager. But, it wasn't really 'installed', as the RM window was all screwy and wouldn't show any rigs.

Any other ideas?

• Nevermind! I just re-downloaded it (the Rig Manager update from Kemper), for the 5th time, and this time the download went much faster, and it opened and installed successfully!

Must have been a corrupted file originally. Thanks to all who look at these postings and tried to help. I did learn some things.