Global Expression Pedal Assignment?

• I am trying to minimise foot controls where stage space is limited. I have an FCB 1010 (EurekaPROM2) but it is too big for this purpose. So, instead, I have a dual momentary foot-switch, to step up/down performances/slots, plugged into the KPA pedal 1 jack and an expression pedal in jack 2. This would work for me except that I believe that the assignment of expression type is global and not by rig. This is a real disappointment and I think this is also Burningyen's issue in post 169 on the "which feature would you like to be added next" thread.

If there is a work around or I have misunderstood can someone please advise?

• Hi Ingolf,
    Thanks for the swift response. I feared as much.

I saw something about "volume to wah" settings in the midi setup, and hoped that this would at least allow the use of the volume pedal except where a rig has an active wah pedal, in which case it would default to a wah pedal. I can't get this to work, so I assume this only applies to pedals connected via a midi foot controller. Could you also advise if I have understood this properly?

Many thanks
    Paul

• Take a look at a converter such as the Midi Solutions Pedal Controller, this box converts the signal of a pedal into midi messages. Not 100% sure but this may just work for you though at over $100 it might be cheaper to get a different pedal.

• Sorry if I'm late to the party.

Paul (and Ingolf)

Insert an Exp. pedal in back of the Kemper. (Pedal 1).
    In System settings (p.4/9) Select exp.pedal 1 to "WahWah"
    In system 6/9 check "Wah pedal to Vol".

If Wah is ON in slot A-D the pedal will act as a Wah.
    If Wah is OFF in slot A-D the pedal will act as a Volume pedal.

Set the Wah to be activated by touch. This will bypass Wah until you touch it and go back to bypass when taking your foot off.

If it works for me it must work for you.

Cheers /F

• This is one area where IMHO the software is somewhat inelegant, unlike the rest of the KPA. I can't help but compare it to the simple yet powerful way DigiTech does it. Here's a screenshot of the software editor for the RP355. For each preset, the user can assign the expression pedal to any possible parameter and also set the max and min parameter values for the toe and heel positions:

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/burningyen/time.jpg]

One way Kemper could take this a step beyond would be to let the user assign multiple parameters to the expression pedal, with multiple max-min ranges. But I could see how that might be adding too much complexity for too few practical uses.

• This is one area where IMHO the software is somewhat inelegant, unlike the rest of the KPA. I can't help but compare it to the simple yet powerful way DigiTech does it. Here's a screenshot of the software editor for the RP355. For each preset, the user can assign the expression pedal to any possible parameter and also set the max and min parameter values for the toe and heel positions:

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/burningyen/time.jpg]

One way Kemper could take this a step beyond would be to let the user assign multiple parameters to the expression pedal, with multiple max-min ranges.

+1. actually this would work like the Line6 - pedals then

• Hi Fegil,

A late arrival at the party is very welcome.

IT WORKS FOR ME TOO!!!!

Fantastic, thanks a million.

Paul