Problem with midi and syncing slot states

• I have problems with syncing slot states with my midi controller. I don’t use two midi cables so my footcontroller sync/resend the slot status every time I press a new preset.

So this is the problem:

• I have a rig with no delay enabled in performance mode
    • I send a PC1 to activate the preset
    • I send CC27 127 to activate the delay
    • I change to PC2
    • I change back to PC1 and the midi controller sends automatically CC27 127 to resync the delay status
    • The delay is NOT active.

I have checked that my controller sends the CC27 127 signal, so the command is there. The problem is that the Kemper does not react to it. The resync logic works greate with slot A,B,C,D,X,Mod. But I have problems with the delay and reverb slot.

I’m on 2.6.0 but had the problem on earlier versions as well.

Any advises?

• Why would you send a PC message at the same time as a CC message? I'd imagine that the performance you're navigating to would have all the desired effects active? Or am I not getting something here?

Does it work if you just send the CC message and not the PC message?

I use performance mode in two different ways. The first way is the obvious "one performance pr song". The second way is one performance pr guitar/sound/amp. This means that I have for instance two performances one labeled "Strat - Fender Amps" and another labeled "Strat - Marshall Amps". In the performances I have different fender and marshall amps, the slots is labeled something like: "clean", "crunch", "twang", "overdrive" and "solo". I want the slots to remember the states of the FX. So if I enable the delay in fender "clean", and then use the marshall "crunch" in the chorus, when I then go back to the "clean" I want the delay to be enabled automatically, so I don't need to be a tap dancer.

• I use performance mode in two different ways. The first way is the obvious "one performance pr song". The second way is one performance pr guitar/sound/amp. This means that I have for instance two performances one labeled "Strat - Fender Amps" and another labeled "Strat - Marshall Amps". In the performances I have different fender and marshall amps, the slots is labeled something like: "clean", "crunch", "twang", "overdrive" and "solo". I want the slots to remember the states of the FX. So if I enable the delay in fender "clean", and then use the marshall "crunch" in the chorus, when I then go back to the "clean" I want the delay to be enabled automatically, so I don't need to be a tap dancer.

If you controller can retain the previous status of CC controllers, it is likely to be sophisticated enough to let you program the order of messages sent, or the amount of delay between messages.

I do something similar to that, but have the FX status states pre-planned for it to happen without a CC message.

Using an example similar to yours:

1) I store a clean fender Rig with the delay on (and manually switch the delay off before the beginning of the song)
    2) Enable the delay for the prechorus
    3) Switch to another sound for the chorus
    4) back to the Fender rig for the next verse (the delay will be on, because the rig was stored that way)

• I use performance mode in two different ways. The first way is the obvious "one performance pr song". The second way is one performance pr guitar/sound/amp. This means that I have for instance two performances one labeled "Strat - Fender Amps" and another labeled "Strat - Marshall Amps". In the performances I have different fender and marshall amps, the slots is labeled something like: "clean", "crunch", "twang", "overdrive" and "solo". I want the slots to remember the states of the FX. So if I enable the delay in fender "clean", and then use the marshall "crunch" in the chorus, when I then go back to the "clean" I want the delay to be enabled automatically, so I don't need to be a tap dancer.

I don't think there's any way to do this, though I'm not very familiar with whether your controller can retain information of CC messages that were sent. If that were the case, you would never be able to go back to the barebones rig, since those CC messages would be sent everytime you clicked on that footswitch.

The best way to do this is to programme multiple slots in a single performance for your clean amp as well as your crunch tone. Do this on a song-wise basis so that you only have to switch banks when you change songs. Alternatively, you could use the option for "autoload" when you go up a bank so that the first slot in that performance is automatically loaded when you navigate up or down a bank.

• I don't think there's any way to do this, though I'm not very familiar with whether your controller can retain information of CC messages that were sent. If that were the case, you would never be able to go back to the barebones rig, since those CC messages would be sent everytime you clicked on that footswitch.

Yes, it is possible ;)

Just for the record the 2.7.3 release addresses this problem.
    FW 2.7.3 Public Beta Thread

Thanks to the Kemper Team for fixing this bug.