RIGS FROM AMP FACTORY

• HI

I am a new kemper owner, and just got the thing out its box. I noticed there are additional rigs for sale on the amp factory so just wanted to ask the forums advice. Are the amp packs for sale different from the ones on the kemper, and the ones available as additional downloads on the kemper website? I want to try lots of them as they sound appealing but don't want to purchase something that is already on my kemper!!

thanks, its just that i noticed 2 amp packs that state amp factory on the kemper downloads section of their website

Yes, there are some (actually quite a lot) of free ones and commercial ones from The Amp Factory. They are different profiles. IIRC some or all of the free ones from Andy's (Amp Factory) Site were later put together as an Amp Factory pack on the Kemper site, so there may be doubles among the free ones.

• Also, The Amp Factory is not the only seller. Feel free to visit the "Commercial Profiles" section of this forum to learn more about the professional profilers :)

OTOH, Factory rigs are excellent depending on the application, and in the Free profiles" section of the forum you'll find threads about the free ones available for d/l from the Rigs Exchange webpage... and not only

HTH

• Hi Lame Guitarist
    I'm a hugh fan of Andy at the Amp factory's work !!! When I purchased my kemper I got bundle 2 with it and the profiles in that pack sound awesome!! I have a lot of Andys stuff and they seem to really suit my guitars and playing. My Favourite of everything Andy has to offer is the Marshall Pack this is pure tonal heaven.

Like a few others have said make sure you go through the factory profiles there are some good ones in there that sound really good ;) and I know others have had great success with other commercial profile sellers but my favourite is The Amp Factory, you won't go wrong with them :)

• I second digging into the factory profiles first, then what I did was to go into the free profiles section and I took note of any thread that was more than a few pages long. Some of the best profiles on the rig exchange are discussed in those long threads. There are profiles that will hang with any of commercial profiles.

Edited once, last by guitarj ().

• Definitely check out the factory profiles first. There are some really great ones there. For instance, for Fender Cleans try the D'Lux Clean - Cactus. It is a really nice one. There are a lot of other rigs there. I think some people really like the profiles for sale though because they are maybe more boutique or niche amps or some that just aren't included with the Kemper. I've been really happy with profiles that I've purchased from Andy at The Amp Factory, Armin from Soundside.de and Top Jimi to name just a few. There are other great ones too. I also just stumbled across the Michael Britt (lonestargtr) profiles the other day and love them. They are really well done and nicely balanced in terms of levels, etc. So when you get around to checking out the for sale profiles, check out all these guys demos, they do a great job. Be careful though, buying profiles is addictive!

• Indeed, my favorite is a factory profile!

And then there are those profiles from folks like Deadpan on the rig-exchange that are absolutely killer for the high gain stuff!

Go through the exchange as well first with Rig-Manager to see if you find something that you like as well.

From what I have purchased in the past and I tend to get into the higher gain stuff.....
    Top Jimi profiled a fantastic Marshall Jubilee amp
    Pete Turley (OKStrat) has done some great Bogner and Diezel amp profiles.
    Andy @ Amp factory has some really nice Marshall stuff and his mid gain and clean profiles are really well done.