KPA through a PA: Signal is still too hot

• Ok, I did everything suggested and input still clips badly folks, there is definitely a problem with the XLR out to a board the signal is crazy hot. There is another thread here that describes the same problem

• No, he's clipping the Profiler

Ok, I did everything suggested and input still clips badly folks, there is definitely a problem with the XLR out to a board the signal is crazy hot. There is another thread here that describes the same problem

No, he's clipping the Profiler's output.

In order to check whether there's a malfunctioning in the XLR's output first try it with a different cable, then use the Monitor out instead.

And I insist in stating that the desk's input sensitivity is too high (or you're using the desk in an improper way), unless the units (Profiler/desk)/cable are defective.

• Gianfranco:
    I'm clipping the mixing board input. And that is with both a digital and an analog board

• Gianfranco:
    I'm clipping the mixing board input. And that is with both a digital and an analog board

That's what I mean: the guyin the other thread is not clipping the board's output, he's clipping the Profiler's out.

After responding Ingolf's check suggestion, try the Monitor out and another cable, it might be the Main out in your unit is defective.

If it's not, and the overall PA volume gets too low, you're not "gaining" enough with the channel strip: a mixing desk, like the Profiler, has got an input sensitivity, a channel volume/gain and an overall Master volume (to the power amp): lowering the first, you'll need to compensate with the second one.

• PS: If you do not mind, would you please be so kind to cancel the statement you quoted, in order to not ingenerate misunderstandings? I can already see people writing on this board "I've read on the forum that you have to lower CS in order to not overload the console" :)

Don't worry about it viabcroce. It's obvious it was just an oversight and I don't think anyone will read that post in isolation and ever say that you gave bad advice. Editing it will just be like a form of censorship ^^

Ok, I did everything suggested and input still clips badly folks, there is definitely a problem with the XLR out to a board the signal is crazy hot. There is another thread here that describes the same problem

When you lower the level of your main output in the output section, is there absolutely no change in the way your Kemper is hitting the mixer? If that is the case, you might have to open a support ticket, because something might be wrong with your Kemper. Might be as simple as a system reset, which has helped solve glitches like this before.

If not this, you need to look into things at your mixing board end. Can you send us a photo of the board, highlighting the settings you have chosen? I would imagine if an input is hitting a mixing board too hot, you could just turn down the gain on that channel if nothing else to fix it. The Kemper isn't "that loud" that you would not be able to stop it from clipping at the input of a mixer.

• Ok, I did everything suggested and input still clips badly folks, there is definitely a problem with the XLR out to a board the signal is crazy hot. There is another thread here that describes the same problem

Exactly what did you do? In the Output page, the Main Out is set to what?

Unless attenuated, the KPA's output will be crazy hot going into the mic preamp of a live console. Turn that console channel's gain all the way down and engage a pad, if applicable. Then adjust the Main Out attenuation to a suitable input level for the console, and deselect "Main Out Link".

• Don't worry about it viabcroce. It's obvious it was just an oversight and I don't think anyone will read that post in isolation and ever say that you gave bad advice. Editing it will just be like a form of censorship ^^

8o The post is yours dude, but I really can't see any censorship, which is a way to avoid that someone says/writes what they think.

By editing the quotation you'd do exactly the opposite: you'd help me to write what I actually think.

Peace :)
    :)

• 8o The post is yours dude, but I really can't see any censorship, which is a way to avoid that someone says/writes what they think.

By editing the quotation you'd do exactly the opposite: you'd help me to write what I actually think.

Peace :)
    :)

Censorship can take many forms, including deletion of my (I think) hilarious catch there ^^

It's all good fun really. After all, how many will ever see the great viabcroce, lord and master of the wiKPA say something inadvertently like that! Since you've already edited your post, I'm also wondering what I'd write in place of the post I made :D

• Exactly what did you do? In the Output page, the Main Out is set to what?

Unless attenuated, the KPA's output will be crazy hot going into the mic preamp of a live console. Turn that console channel's gain all the way down and engage a pad, if applicable. Then adjust the Main Out attenuation to a suitable input level for the console, and deselect "Main Out Link".

Main out is set to -21Db. How does one attenuate the signal? Do I need a DI box??

Thanks All

• Have you told us WHICH CONSOLE you are using?

If so, my apologies. If not, we can't tell you how to turn down the Input on the console.

Mackie Digital DL 1608- Live Use
    Behringer Analog- Rehearsal

Paults: I don't think the input gain is the issue, but I'm willing to listen.

Thanks

• THIS!