Sad, sad times :(

• Well my faith in the KPA team was totally destroyed today :( Here's my story, if you don't know it already

As you fellow users on here have read, I have an issue with a click/pop when changing rigs, I've had this issue ever since I brought my 1st kemper 2 years ago. I flagged this up when we were on FW 1.5 and it was talked about by CK that if a stomp was passive (the LED above the button was lit up) but not active (soft button below LED wasn't lit up) there could be a click and CK was working on fixing this. That was fine thought, wont be long until a fix comes

2 years down the road and I still have the same issue. I have sent multiple recordings to the kemper team show this with both factory and non factory rigs as they requested but today I was hit with an email saying they conclude there is no issue !!!!! This I could not believe as I had provide recording which clearly shows an issue!!! Here is the recording that shows that!!! I'm playing my PRS guitar its plugged straight in to the KPA nothing else connected and recorded straight to Pro Tools HD. I play a chord let it rig and browse through the rigs using the browse button and auto load engaged and as you can hear between each change there is a pop/click!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This clip is factory rigs with the stomps made inactive/off and changing between them as you hear click/pop has gone

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After being told today that they can not replicate this at base and I must obviously be doing something wrong ?( so there is no issue. I decided to call them from the UK to speak in person to try and resolve this issue. Burkhard answered the phone which was good because he has been dealing with my issue from the beginning. I was told that, they don't know my set up, cant replicate this issue so its cant be happening :cursing: Must admit I was pretty gutted to hear this as ive got £2600 of kempers that are faulty/make this terrible noise!!

Now I explained to Burkhard that I tried Andys from TAF kemper last week and his did not show this problem either but both my kempers do and so does my bass players. I even offered to send 1 of my KPA's back to headquarters so they can see/hear first hand the issue. I then went on to ask if all KPA's have the same hardware fitted and his reply was "it can not be hardware as I trust the guys with a degree, who have told me it cant be a hardware issue" This implied to me that my opinion and what I can hear accounts to nothing. Then to put the icing on the cake and really take the mick, I told Burkhard I was taking my kemper to Andys for him to see and hear it, and his reply was well if Andy tells them there is an issue then there must be!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::thumbdown:X(X(

You don't have to have great hearing to hear there is an issue, over 50% have said yes they have this click problem when changing profiles so I'm not the only one. Well KPA team you have had £2600 of my money and the product does not work properly and now I'm being palmed off as though I know nothing. I have had nothing but good things to say about the KPA and recommended it to plenty of people who have gone and brought 1. I'm not and angry person as you will see from my 2400+ posts on here, but to be treated as my must be imagining it or its something to do with my equipment is totally out of order. This today has made me lose my respect for the KPA and its team im sad to say :(

• Hey Raoul, sorry to hear of your issue.
    What are you using to switch channels? Are you just doing it via "Auto Load" and using the front panel controls or are you using a footswitch?

• Everything I have ever owned that was not a relay-based channel switching traditional guitar amp has made some kind of "glitch" sound when changing sounds - If a chord or note was being held. If you change sounds between notes, this doesn't happen.

That's likely why they don't see it as an issue - most people change sounds between notes. if you can demonstrate a common musical use for changing sounds during a note or chord, they might see it as an issue.

• Everything I have ever owned that was not a relay-based channel switching traditional guitar amp has made some kind of "glitch" sound when changing sounds - If a chord or note was being held. If you change sounds between notes, this doesn't happen.

That's likely why they don't see it as an issue - most people change sounds between notes. if you can demonstrate a common musical use for changing sounds during a note or chord, they might see it as an issue.

My line 6 vetta never made this sound neither did any of my Marshall heads I have used in the past. Not only this but Andys KPA did not have this issue!!

Heres an example If im playing some chords in my 3 piece band and go staright in to the solo from some chords I'm not going to deaden the strings before I go straight in to the solo as I press the pedal, its needs to be a smooth transaction

here is 2 new recordings ive just done using factory rigs as they suggested one with stomps active one with out. Same rigs every time just stomps in A, B, And C slots the 2nd time round

Now tell me there is no issue!!!!!!

• My Kemper has done this from probably day one pre 1.0 firmware. I really never bothered messing with it because I read that Performance mode doesn't have the click and for the most part I record in my house with it and so I am not in performance mode. Recently I might have been switching between profiles and one had a reverb tail and it surprised me that the tail kept going even after changing profiles. I know for sure that my unit exhibited pops/clicks when changing some profiles which continuted for 2-3 seconds but its been months since I heard this artifact. Maybe cured by a firmware update. Tell you what, if I notice mine doing the clicks again i will record it and post about it.

I guess if it affected my workflow more I probably would have been complaining up a storm.

• This was one of the other issues (along with the unexpected shutdowns) I had with my powered rack before I returned it. I also had a strange whooshing sound on certain profiles where the bottom end and mids would drop off when running into my cabs. This same tone wasn't happening through the headphones or when recording.

Needless to say, I didn't bother filling in a ticket and exercised my 30 day return policy.

My newest Kemper has worked fine with none of those issues at all. All good.

I really hope you get this resolved.

• Mate so sorry to hear that !!!!!! Don't lose faith though this is still one amazing bit of kit now being used by pros worldwide, I don't you can even hear any click in a live situation.

• Raoul, does it still click with the midi pedal unhooked and switching by the front panel?

All these clips are changing rigs from the front panel no midi board or midi lead connected at all

i hope this gets sorted to, if it doesn't I will be returning both my KPA's.

i take it from the response so far this noise is not normal I'd appreciate it if some one could up load a clip of what there's sounds like with stomps active when there is no click. I could even tell you the rigs I used and what stomps were loaded to prove a point that this is not normal !!!

• Strange... I have 2 lunchboxes, no clicks or any other noise while switching. It doesn't matter if I'm switching rigs directly at the KPA or with my FCB-UnO4K. Actually switching is very fast and absolutely quiet, I'm using official FW 2.5. No troubles with activated stomp boxes, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Strange... I have 2 lunchboxes, no clicks or any other noise while switching. It doesn't matter if I'm switching rigs directly at the KPA or with my FCB-UnO4K. Actually switching is very fast and absolutely quiet, I'm using official FW 2.5. No troubles with activated stomp boxes, too.

@Guenterhass @Ingolf , So yours changing sounds nothing like my clips above then??

Therefore KPA TEAM there is an issue!!!!!!

The rigs I used for the above clips were

Fishers AC
    Fishers CAE 100 OD1
    Fishers CAE 100 OD2
    Fishers Jay MP 1978
    Fishers Jay MP 100 HI 1
    Fishers Jaz Fux
    Fishers Rock Fux Clean
    Fishers Rock Fux OD3
    Fishers Sold 100

Stomps in A were Air Chorus
    Stomp in B was Green Scream Default
    Stomp in C was Studio EQ

these rigs and stomps were all picked at random if someone would be kind enough to do a recording of what theirs sounds like that would be great thanks

• I just checked on my Kemper and I do get this clicking, more often with higher gain profiles. It seems to happen with some profiles more than others on my Kemper. I can understand your concern and frustration if you are making quick tonal changes via the Kemper. I have yet to have this become an issue but I would be certainly happy to know that Kemper takes the issue seriously.

Hang in their Raoul! :/

• This hasn't happened to me but by no means does that mean I believe there isn't a problem. I really hope you get this sorted out. The KPA team needs to research the forum to see that Raoul has been a high level contributor and advocate for the Kemper (including The Gear Page forum). I don't know exactly how to make it right but something should be done. Mojo sent.