Headphone space crackle noise with FW 2.7

• Hi,
    with FW 2.7 I get noise/crackles on my headphone out with headphone space dialed in above 1.0. If I use the space effect of the fx section is fine. It´s also only hearable on the headphone out. I recorded a demo.

Clip straight out of the headphone out

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clip digital out

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It´s not dependent on a specific rig or volume setting. Happens all the time. Going back to FW 2.6 for now. No problem with it there.
    I can also only hear it on my headphones (DT770 Pro) at loud volume.
    Any tips?

André.

• I have a temporary solution. I've noticed that if you untick the Headphone space button (so that the effect appears on all outputs, not just through the headphone out), then the crackling goes away! Solves the problem for now:)

• I use the space on the main outs so not the headphones and have it set to 6. I don't get any crackle, is it only on the headphone out?

I run mine the same. No issues. I monitor with headphones through my interface. I'll try it through the Kemper headphone jack and see what happens.

• First post ever!! Need some help gang

My KPA is having some crackling sounds when the headphone space it turned up past 5. Been looking for solutions or others that may have this and found this post. Looks like a solution wasn't found? Im running 3.1.2 and it has always done it regardless of update, reset etc. What do I do? Help :(

• First post ever!! Need some help gang

My KPA is having some crackling sounds when the headphone space it turned up past 5. Been looking for solutions or others that may have this and found this post. Looks like a solution wasn't found? Im running 3.1.2 and it has always done it regardless of update, reset etc. What do I do? Help :(

Have you sent support a backup for them to test ?

• Thanks for the quick response, and no I haven't because I didn't know that I could do that. Yep, just crawled out from under a rock :) I'm on it though. Update, forgot to mention, Ive tried turning off the noise gate, different headphones, different guitars, still does it. When I un-tick the "headphone space" box when its on 10 the weird crackling, 8 bit distorted fuzzy digital phase sound goes away. Seems to be only when the headphone space box is ticked.

• Yea buddy, I had done a reset a few firmwares back. I can try that again and post my findings. Hope its something silly. btw, I emailed and got a support ticket and will keep y'all posted :) thank you

• Just wanted to update anyone that may be having this issue or may not be aware of it. Been working on finding a solution for the headphone space with customer support. They are some good folks for sure! Very helpful. Seems to be there regardless of initializing rig, factory reset, settings adjust, different guitars, cables different headphones etc. They have not be able to recreate the issue using my backup :( Can anyone with this issue chime in? Did you find a solution? Can any of y'all check their unit? Ive made a recording of the issue and the link is below. It works best listening to it with headphones.

For me to recreate the issue, I use a clean stock rig 'Jazz clean Sm57' for example, all effects off, clean sense at zero, dial all the gain out, noise gate off, go to page 5 of the output menu, dial space to 10, and engage headphone space. Its very obvious with headphones on my unit. The link is below, Let me know what y'all think