Personal Message not to be found

• I have sent a PM like in old days and i cannot find it. Neither a copy of mine nor all of my not deleted PMs. I looked for 10 minutes. Can someone help the blind?? thx

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Thanx Wara ;) ,

done that, only very old conversation are shown, not the newer ones ?(

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• same here, I was the one Geraldo started a conversation with. I even got a mail notification but the conversation is not there.

I had reported exactly this in the beginning, and apparently it seemed to be fixed. Obviously not in this case, not in general.

• Hi there.

I have sent you an "E-Mail"! I thought this is what was called a PM. Have you got a "real" E-Mail, Martin??
    If not, three chapters are lost.

• Ok, looks like I understand what happened:

When I join a forum (or setup a forum), I ALWAYS (without exception) deactivate to receive mails from other users. I am 100% sure I did this when I joined the Kemper forum as well. But it seems like these settings weren't respected when they did the software upgrade.
    This is the reason that I always consider a mail from a forum to be just a notification for something new on the forum, e.g. a PM (or conversation).

Since I was in a hurry, I just deleted this mail and thought I will check the forum later to see what Geraldo wrote me and then answer him. Big surprise that there was nothing when I checked. :) Then I checked my forum settings on my smartphone but I couldn't find any privacy settings. Probably due to the different layout for small screens. Now I found these settings and I changed them as I always do.

Hope that explains what happened.

Cheers
    Martin

PS: There are many, many issues with this new forum but to be honest I'm to lazy to list all the issues (and potential solutions) because I never get any feedback when I report something. When Kemper shows some more love for their main communication platform and those who care, I will start helping again, otherwise I don't want to waste my time. ;)

• Very understandable, lightbox. If i understand correctly the old PM is now called "E-Mail"?? And the "Conversation" is what exactly, a some kind of chat, to be found on the forum software only, while the once called PM ins now ALSO visible in your "real" mailbox. Correct? Understood?

Anyway. @lightbox I would like to give you a ring and thank you for your work. cu

• Conversations is the old PM.
    You get e-mail notifications of new conversations if you have allowed to be notified.
    Still some conversations don't seem to show in the forum tab and only via e-mail which is a reported bug that seemed to be fixed but your and lightbox's example show it is not.

• There are 2 communications channels which are completely separate:

1. Email
    The default setting in the new forum software seems to be that you can receive emails from other users. These are (as the word suggests) emails and are not stored on the Kemper Forums website.

2. Conversations
    This is what was formerly known as PM (Personal Message). These conversations are stored on the Kemper Forums website and depending on your privacy settings you might get an email notification that you've been added/invited to a conversation.

Looks like this is confusing for many, me included. I just disabled to receive emails from other users. Now it's only possible to contact me using conversations (formerly known as PM).

• It is not a bug, it is a feature!! :thumbup:

Once understood this makes even sense, because of the limited space here. I think you have nailed it, lightbox.
    Case closed IMHO.