USB stick for upgrade, (maybe) compatibility issue

• Hello everybody,
    Just a quick note to raise a flag about USB stick compatibility.
    After long time using an old USB 128 MB stick (*quite* old), I got rid of it and bought a superfast and modern USB 3 32GB
    exactly this one:

After formatting and copying as usual the kaos.bin file for the 2.7.3 version, as i connected the USB stick got some errors while unpacking the file (still at 0%)
    People at Kemper Support were very quick answering, and the gave me some action to do for troubleshooting, but nothing got better.
    In the end I resolved going back to an old 8GB cellphone memory card and adapter, USB 2.0, that let the upgrade go flawlessly as usual.

I cannot tell what the problem eactly is.
    Maybe the USB 3.0 technology
    Maybe the R/W speed (it's a "fast" unit)
    Maybe .. who knows...

Just be careful and keep some oldie (but goldie) USB 2.0 stick around.
    I'd like to know if anyone had a similar problem...

bye
    Enrico

• we have found that pretty much every USB stick we've tested worked fine so far. the only thing i personally would advise against is sticks with a build in recovery volume (which usually holds additional windows software).

and it does not matter if the stick supports USB3 or just USB2.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I have found that at least 50% of all pendrives I tried didn't work, no matter if they are big or small, old or new, cheap or expensive, USB2 or USB3. It's pretty much impossible to know which one will work and which one won't before you buy and just try. I have not even the slightest clue what is the cause of this, but I can 100% confirm that there is an issue.

• I have found that at least 50% of all pendrives I tried didn't work, no matter if they are big or small, old or new, cheap or expensive, USB2 or USB3. It's pretty much impossible to know which one will work and which one won't before you buy and just try. I have not even the slightest clue what is the cause of this, but I can 100% confirm that there is an issue.

How many did you try? (This info is important because of your 50% ratio). ;)
    The handfull I tried were recognized successfully.
    One stick stopped working with the profiler eventually.

• Ingolf, I tried more than enough, believe me. I own 3 profilers, 2 of them being here in Germany and the other one being in Nepal. Each of them had to get its own pendrive and I easily tried 15 different ones to find 4 of them working. Is that enough? Or do I have to reach the hundreds before I can state that there is a problem?

To be honest:
    Even if I had tried only 1 pendrive that works perfectly on ALL my computers and laptops but fails to work on the Profiler ... it would be enough to understand that there IS a problem. ;)

• Ingolf, I tried more than enough, believe me. I own 3 profilers, 2 of them being here in Germany and the other one being in Nepal. Each of them had to get its own pendrive and I easily tried 15 different ones to find 4 of them working. Is that enough? Or do I have to reach the hundreds before I can state that there is a problem?

To be honest:
    Even if I had tried only 1 pendrive that works perfectly on ALL my computers and laptops but fails to work on the Profiler ... it would be enough to understand that there IS a problem. ;)

No worries, you convinced me. Still the tone of your post sounds a bit ... um.. unrelaxed.
    ;)

if you have so many you surely don't mind sending us one or two which don't work? we will happily swap with you so we can have a closer look. because we don't have a single USB stick in the entire office which does not work. if you're interested, contact support by email.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• if you have so many you surely don't mind sending us one or two which don't work? we will happily swap with you so we can have a closer look. because we don't have a single USB stick in the entire office which does not work. if you're interested, contact support by email.
    gs

to KPA engineers:
    I gave a link to the model I originally used... here it is, for clarity...
    During the various trials I formatted it both with the KPA and with my iMac OSX (that by the way continued to write some hidden file immediately after mounting the volume)
    I think you can try ordering a similar one from Amazon.
    My stick is currently in use, as HFS external volume, but if you are interested in examining this particular unit, I could send it in a "bubble envelope", if you send me another of same model...
    The only thing is that it has been reset and reformatted, so no tests can be made on the content...