Roland GR55 into Kemper

• Is it possible to play my guitar through my midi pickup into my GR55 and then out of the GR55 mono output into the main front input on the kemper, this way I can emulate a guitar type using the GR55 , ie turning my strat into a ES335 sound , using no other effects or amp in the Gr55, just the guitar sound modification. Just would like to try this but thought best check first as may damage the kemper if this is incorrect in some way, and of coarse it may sound likle sh-t but always trying new things is fun.

• Is it possible to play my guitar through my midi pickup into my GR55 and then out of the GR55 mono output into the main front input on the kemper, this way I can emulate a guitar type using the GR55 , ie turning my strat into a ES335 sound , using no other effects or amp in the Gr55, just the guitar sound modification. Just would like to try this but thought best check first as may damage the kemper if this is incorrect in some way, and of coarse it may sound likle sh-t but always trying new things is fun.

I do it every week. I suggest doing the modification to the GR-55 that adds a separate guitar out jack that is derived before all of the digital /O. It's very simple, and gives a MUCH better signal for the KPA to digest.

• thanks Dlaut, do you mean using the guitar out jack on the GR55 and not the mono out jack

Yes, and no. I installed a new, completely separate guitar out jack. I think users "paults" or "Elantric" here could point you to the article on how to do it...I'd find it for you, but I'm tied up right now. It's talked about in length on http://www.vguitarforums.com

Before I did this, I had an unusable level of noise coming from the GR-55.

• Yes, you can do this. Since you are using the COSM guitar sounds, you want to use the main output of the GR-55.

And, like you said, bypass everything except the COSM guitar sound, and set the output level of the GR55 to match the output level of your guitar plugged directly into the Kemper. Setting the output to this level will give you the same amount of gain with the GR55 as you would get with just a guitar.

The modification mentioned by Dlaut (Splitting out a mono guitar signal from the GR55 input) would just give you the sounds of your guitar's pickups..

• I just plug the GR-55 into the effects loop, stereo (there is a reason for this vs. mono only).
    Completely bypass the 55 with my guitar's mag pickups by going direct into Kemper.

Then, you can put the effects loop in anywhere you want, for ultimate flexibility.

Plus, your guitar signal is uncolored by the 55 as well.

Put the effects loop before the amp for modeled sounds, or for acoustic and synth stuff you don't need to anything, it it wll be used as the aux input.

I use it this way and 2 years later I am still finding new things all the time.

Awesome!