"Cabinet Off" Question

• Hi folks

Im quite new to this world of Kemper + Amp, but my question is
    Im playing my KEMPER through the FX loop of Mesa Boogie Mark V Amp and 2x12 Cabinet. Does the soft button "Cabinet" need to be turned off? If so, how do you apply it so it 'locks' across the whole unit whilst browsing rigs?
    Does that make sense? Is it because im playing into a REAL cabinet (the 2X12) that the "cabinet" soft button needs to be turned off? I auditioned a few, and to my ears some sound better with it 'on' and some with it 'off'

Any help appreciated. I did ask a question the other day, had nearly 200 views but not a single reply :( Can you help me?

Thanks

• Generally, it should be set off, yes, but as you've found, some rigs sound better with it on. If you are using the monitor out from the KPA into the Mesa, then you can disable Monitor Cab Sim in the output section (page 3, I think?). This will disengage cabs for all profiles without having to lock anything, and also has the benefit of you being able to run from the main outs to FOH with cabs enabled at the same time :)

Cheers,
    Sam

• As you say, if it sounds better off, leave off. If on, leave on. Let your ears be the judge! I play 2x4x10 Marshall cabs. Some profiles I run cabs on, some cabs off. I'm not overly concerned about it sounding like X amp through a Y cab, just that it sounds good to my ears..... And it does! :thumbup: