TAF-CustomShop 30 OUTNOW!

• Thanks guys, yes the bugs will sort themselvs out via an updated download, FW or othermeans. Mistakes happen, and its unfortunate that it happend.....people read what they want to read, the good or the bad.

but one thing, for those that have ever tried to profile an ac30. Its not for the feint hearted. Very hard amps to mic up, trying to capture what you hear in the room is a very time consuming process..doing it this way with lots of options was an ambitious move. But did it work? Yes. The difference between amp and profiles are extreme minimal. And god knows how many times I decided to start over..but at the end it sounds and acts like an ac30 exactly. Just now depends if thats the sound you want or not...but really, this amp was the hardest of all to capture that ive ever had in my studio as legendary as the amp is, but i still feel proud, i'd never release anything if I wasnt.

And swan...yes maybe if i labeled it mbritt it would have a thread full of awsome :) but im not him.. I do things very different..and having tried them, ill stick to my own methods..plus im not a celebraty..

anyway..i gifted everyone thus far, and will continue to moiniter. Its xmas time so not sure when i can communicate with the kemper team..but will do what i can when i can..you have my support and full attention.

in the meantime, go enjoy the vox, its a fat old classic.

A

• Well Andy, you did a fine job. I'm a big Daniel Lanois fan and he's the master of recording AC30,s
    this amp brings me his sound. No other AC has the bottom end that this one has. Makes me wonder if he actually worked with this same amp while producing U2...

• Hi Andy,

I have purchased and downloaded the Pick n Mix 30 pack and moved the files into Rig Manager without a hitch. I have also downloaded "Wreck n Roll" but I have not had time yet to unzip the download during the festivities.

The query is that I am running o/s 2.7.3 but plan to upgrade to 2.7.4. If I upgrade the o/s should I also update my custom shop downloads?

Thanks,
    Paul

• Sorry if that's been explained , but where and how I can get demo of these profiles (reading this from my phone ...)
    Thanks
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Hi Paul. nope you dont need to re-download anything. - Just use the latest download for the Vox Profiles that is in the Purchase History of the website. and you will be good to go!.

Sorry if that's been explained , but where and how I can get demo of these profiles (reading this from my phone ...)
    Thanks
    Zoran

Res, I removed the demo files, and will be replacing them again so will be up soon, in the meantime send me a email and I can fwd them to you.

• Thanks man ....will drop you an email :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• These are wonderful! My glitch was that I forgot to reInstall "unarchiver" on my iMac, after deleting some programs a week ago, and couldn't open the download. My brain turned back on eventually, unzipped, dragged to RM, and now in both Kempers. Will be using a few of these on some Beatles covers soon.
    thanks Andy!!!!

• @JuLai - Yeah the first release was in a new format, so it did not trasnlate too well with the older FW. - the new, however works much better and you gt the clarity back some what.. - the first release yes. it will work eventually with upcoming Firmwares!.. so Hey you get 2 releases from me ha! :)

Yesterday after installing FW3.0 Beta I tested the new features and came back to some different profiles known to made with the new file format and that were having issues with the old FW version which I was running back then -- Custom Shop AC30 pack being among of those.

I was expecting that with new FW3.0 both releases would sound identical, but they were far from it. Differences in both Gain and overall EQ for the same profiles.Sounds like captured in a different session or something. Can this be so?

Had only very fast trial with headphones, but based on the initial impressions was liking the newer file format versions more. Somehow more balanced...