it's a dumb one I admit!

• hi to all..........after my next concert at the Hard Rock Cafe next friday (first CD promo tour gig) I intend to explore the perfomance mode. now I'm at 2.3 and will update to the latest 2.7.x.

I will start to put together infos in the meantime.

the very first: I read that a controller midi like a pedalboard can be used to switch between songs and inside songs between slots.

so, the pedalboard functions as just stated only in performance mode but when I'm in browser mode the PB does what it does now.

is this correct?

so for example on an All Access: I can select the up and down button to select songs and switch 1 to 5 to select slot.
    but when I go back to browser mode my pedalboard does what it ios programmed for: 10 switches for rig program change and 5 instant access switches for stomp on/off

all the help is appreciated

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• In browser mode, you have to assign a MIDI program change to each rig.

In Performance Mode, the MIDI program changes are already assigned.

Pressing the Up button on your All Access will send the same program change to the Kemper in either mode. The Kemper will respond to the program change in Rig mode with the rig that is assigned to the bank/lot that matches the MIDI program change.

• ah, ok Paults, so: for instance songs 1 has already its switch number on the pedalboard? and for the sake of speaking the same 'language' a performance contains the slots, so what I call song is a performance in reality.

michael

p.s.: thank raoul for the tips

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• ah, ok Paults, so: for instance songs 1 has already its switch number on the pedalboard? and for the sake of speaking the same 'language' a performance contains the slots, so what I call song is a performance in reality.

michael

Exactly. Hai capito. ;)

• @ Paults: I didn't change anything on the All Access. so I should be all set. will give a try after my fridays' gig. don't want to add preoccupation in addition on the 1000 things I have to care about when playing concerts:
    1) 1000 guitar rhythm and solo parts
    2) the guys on the band which are not pro and sometimes they might be out of rhythm or something
    3) I have to sing some songs, and I'm a sleazysinger
    4) all the pc sequences for the keyboards which are started/stopped via a dedicated pedalboard
    5) to be nice and good looking, and nicely behaving on stage because I'm the front man......which I sweared in the past I wouldn't want to be. yes because all I dreamt of was to be just a guitar player, caring for the guitar only matters. at the most I would do vocal harmonies. Instead I have almost the job of an orchestra conductor

so, after this gig I will devote myself to a lots of thing, the performance thing, the rig manager, the new firmware, and a bit of rest, I guess.

@ Ingolf: it is hard to say if you are german or italian when you answer like this. fantastik!

michael