New to the Profiler, two questions :

• Just got my Profile rack and enjoying getting to know it.

I'm finding my way to most things, but I can'f figure these :

1 I've set it to mute when the tuner is engaged, but I still get some clean signal bleeding through which is not affected by any of the front panel knobs. I'm using the main outputs into a stereo tube power amp and guitar speakers. I've set all other outs to minimum levels.

2 Because I'm not using full-range speakers, is there somewhere I go to mute cabs globally if I want?

Thanks! / Bob W

• Hi Bob welcome to the gang. Number 1 I haven't got an idea why that is happening no doubt some one will chime in and help you with that. I can help you with number 2 though. You want to lock the cab off. Hold the lock button then press the cab button so the LED is not lit and when you change profiles now they will all be with the cab off. Hope this helps :)

• Thanks, guys, Cabs bypassed successfully. Anyone have any ideas about the residual dry signal bleeding through when tuner is engaged?

• There really should be no bleed on that switch with the tuner mode muted. I just tried mine and even at a really loud setting with it switched over, no noise.

I'd put in a support ticket and see if they can help you out.

What software version are you running?

• Thank you, folks, but I'm only using the main outs and they're set to 'stereo master'. All others outs are set to off except headphone, which mutes completely when tuner is engaged.

There is still a direct signasl 'bleed' from the main outs.

I'll try reconfiguring to stereo monitor outs as paults suggests above, but only as a way of testing and scoping the issue as I don't want to have to reconfigure and reconnect the direct out every time I want to take a profile.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

• Hello again. I tried configuring stereo monitor outs using monitor and direct outs fed by master left and master right. It was rather harsher sounding than the main outs, but that could have been different output eq, I didn't have time to look. There was still some dry/direct signal bleed when the tuner was selected on the chickenhead.

I also twiddled the chickenhead in case it was a contact issue as suggested, thankfully no difference.

I should probably confess here that my rig is slightly unconventional insofar as the Profiler is in the loop of an Axe-Fx*, so I wondered if the issue is with the Ax and not the Kemper. But if I stay in the same Ax patch, keeping all settings identical, and simply substitute my TC G-Force for the Kemper, the rig mutes completely when its tuner is engaged (with its relevant bypass function activated) as it should. This suggests to me that my Ax's loop is working fine.

The problem is not life-threatening, more irritating, but I'd still really appreciate someone expert out there helping me diagnose/overcome.

* Forum users - please don't jump on this to corrupt this thread either by querying my choice of routing, or worse, to open yet another rehearsal of the relative strengths of the two (excellent) units. Thanks!

• Yeah, yeah, not getting involved in the relative merits here!!!

But you'll hate me for this. The K sits in a large rack of gear. It's in a stereo loop of one of my DMC/Voodoolab GCX switchers, itself in the Ax's fx loop.

Very long story, but the whole rig is set up so that the Ax & power amp can be independent from and travel separately to smaller gigs. One day, I may set the K up similarly, but for now I'm sticking with the rig that has evolved to my needs over two decades.

I should say that the whole rig is professionally constructed and configured so that each and every component can perform to its best, and the K (and everything else) sound as they should, provided great care is taken with levels!

I've isolated the problem and it's not with the K anyway, but with a signal bleeding over from my stereo routing.

• It could be as simple as the signal being muted on the Kemper, but being passed through one of your other bits of rack gear. Normally, the signal would be completely muted, but I'm sure some part of your signal is passing through the rest of your gear and being output. A fix should be as simple as configuring your expression pedal to send a similar volume mute signal to the other gear.