TAF-Wreck'N'Roll CustomShop OUT NOW!

• Gottch fella..

Well will up it when I can.. still fixing some silly bugs..then will get right on it.
    Or if you cant wait.. send me a email and I can throw it your way

P.S did anyone notice any of the changes to the site? new things added etc... or...

Just checked the site Andy works really well on my iPhone now used to have trouble viewing the profiles section. Also I like the video section and the show case as well. There are some nice PRS's in the video section ;)

• Gottch fella..

Well will up it when I can.. still fixing some silly bugs..then will get right on it.
    Or if you cant wait.. send me a email and I can throw it your way

P.S did anyone notice any of the changes to the site? new things added etc... or...

yes I see the other 2 amp samples there Andy...

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Gonna use these tonight, love them with my tele. Little bump in low end was all I needed. These sound GREAT with a les paul too by the way. Anyways, will report back. Anyone used these live yet?

• Gonna use these tonight, love them with my tele. Little bump in low end was all I needed. These sound GREAT with a les paul too by the way. Anyways, will report back. Anyone used these live yet?

Would Love to know how you got on Ves..

Although When 3.0 Hits y'all will get the real amp without the cab to use LIVE Anyway. but still interested to know..

• Well I used a few of my favorites from these last night at a show. About 750 people, decent PA, used my yamaha DXR for ground monitors. I tend to gravitate to the 121/57 combo profiles, and that is what I stuck to. I used 2 of each, breakup and cranked only. I also used one of the m160/121 combo profiles as well, as I am a fan of this one as well. I probably used these 80 percent of the night, as they just seemed to work really well with my tele. We had a guest come up and play and I was back at the FOH booth listening, and I gotta say I was really impressed, I mean it sounded exactly like a dr z z wreck, no question. Total authenticity, I mean the amp really is brad paisley in a box if you want it to be: now whether you can play like him is another story! This amp can do much more no doubt, but it really absolutely nails that tone to the T. It's really a great change on perspective when you hear your profiles in the mix when someone else is playing: you tend not to be SO critical I think, and can really just enjoy it, especially with a good player. When listening to someone else play my rig, I get a big smile on my face, and think wow what great tone, it really DOES sound amazing no doubt. Pretty cool experience. Everyone should try this sometime if they can.

So yes, super impressed, you really could just stay on one profile all night and use your volume knob, that really is no joke with this amp/these profiles. Fantastic control on every aspect of your tone with just the way you play and your volume/toneknobs/pickup selector. I could stay on my gainier patch with these all night, but then switch to the neck and play alittle lighter and it cleans up perfectly, this is really neat, and great for adding dynamics to your music. This really is just a fantastic sounding amp, and one of my favorites.

I think it is important to note, just how far we have come with modelling types of technology. I mean, everyone on this forum is so super critical of profiles, how they were made/what mics etc. And I am an offender of the biggest proportion. It really is just a great time to be a guitar player: none of these conversations we have on this forum would have ever been possible 5-10 years ago even, and only happen because of how amazing the Kemper really is.The amount of control we have is almost too good probably at times. Sometimes we just need to play and enjoy the music we make. I can say on that note, the dr z wreck definitely makes that possible: truly inspiring tones for me personally.

Andy its great you are talking about giving out the the DI profiles when 3.0 hits. Lately I have really been looking into going back to having an amp on stage. I really miss that feel and sound lately, and since I already have FRFR for accurate monitoring, I would like to add a real amp on stage I think as well. I have been grappling with the idea of buying a 2x12 cab loaded with an alnico gold and blue, and the thought of having the DI profiles of the Z wreck going through that cab really makes me excited. Really looking forward to trying this out. In fact I almost considered trading my kemper (I would pick up another one in 6 months or so) to get a z wreck because I love the amp so much, but with 3.0 coming out, and possibly picking up a 2x12 cab loaded with the same speakers that the zwreck comes with, I think I will hold off on that idea.

• Excellent post Ves, thanks for taking the time to respond.

In reflection, what your saying is 100% correct, its VERY easy to be critic of yourself/tone when playing.. it happens to me a LOT.. especially in profile mode. where I'm doubting my own ability.. I get a guest around for a 2nd ear, hear them play and often are blown away.. - Having an outside look, you can focus on just what you want to hear. as where when playing your focus is shifted to many things, and cant often see the wood for the trees (so to speak).

And yes, DI Profiles will come.. there is a lot to get through so it wont be immediate, but I will be releasing ALL CustomShop packs with Free updates for DI's, so far from what Ive tested, there really is no difference between amp and the DI+Cab. (Just as long as you have a similar speaker installed) then it will be good to go, but you mention your Blue/Gold (good choice btw) - the your all set!...

Great stuff, and glad the show worked out a success..

Thanks
    Andy

• Great post Vesmedic. So so true. When I was in my early teens i would go watch local bands with my parents who had the best local guitar players in and there tone was insane I was always chasing this tone, and when I got in to my late teens I was always trying to find that perfect tone and I just came to realise that maybe I already have it but I'm just doubting myself. I have a friend who was the other guitarist in my band then and he's still trying to chase that tone. He's had more amps than I could name and he's still buying and swapping. I've tried to talk him into a kemper but he's still not convinced...... But I know one day I'm going to go round there and he will have one.

• Andy the sample z wreck profiles are really good, I've tweaked the breakup version to my liking and man I've got a grin ear to ear, it's almost enough to stop and just play!

I just wanted to ask if the current Wreck'n'roll pack has the 3.0 DI profiles updated or will that be forthcoming, also if I buy the pack today, will the 3.0 update be an up-charge?

Either way thanks for profiling my fav amp ever, I think I'm going to bite the bullet right away in any case!

Thanks,
    Sid