Since I updated the firmware the transpose sounds robotic

• I find the pitch shifters track best with all the formant and smooth chords options turned off. Not sure if transpose has those or not.

All pitch shifting is a little robotic - it has to time shift lots of samples then put them back together. It has to detect pitch to know how to phase shift them so the resulting waveform isnt full of jumps. Its never perfect.

That said my last experience with transpose was very positive. It was very transparent

It used to sound great but now it doesn't. It sounds like garbage. I have tried smooth chords on and off and that still doesn't help.

• So I just tried to recored how it sounded so I could show you guys how bad it sounds. When I plugged it into my interface it sounds fine. So it must be some sort of setting that is wrong because it only sounds bad when I play through my guitar cab. Which is weird because it used to sound good through my guitar cab.

• I use the transpose feature to drop my guitar from Drop D to Drop B and it works a treat no issues at all like what has been mentioned above where you have the transpose stomp makes a big difference to how it sounds

Thats what I do and it used to work great. Then I updated the firmware and it sounds like shit on the higher notes. But I just found out it sounds good when I'm not playing through my guitar cab. Are you using a guitar cab?

• Thats what I do and it used to work great. Then I updated the firmware and it sounds like shit on the higher notes. But I just found out it sounds good when I'm not playing through my guitar cab. Are you using a guitar cab?

Hi no I go straight to FOH and use in ear monitors but it all sounds fine I've never noticed that it sounds strange at all through any of the firmware a ive used

• Can you record a clip of it working in the previous FW and then a clip of it sounding strange in the FW which is causing the issue so we can hear the issue. It might make it clearer as to what the issue sounds like

I didn't record anything from when it was working. And it only sounds robotic when I play through my guitar cab. If I go straight into my interface it sounds fine. I don't have a mic here right now to record the sound through my guitar cab.

• 1. Have you reloaded the older firmware that was working for you? If so, does it still sound good?
    2. What Kemper outputs are you using for your interface and which one for your guitar cab? What are the ouput settings for each of these outputs? Seems if one Kemper output sounds good and one doesn't, something is different in the output settings.
    3. Have you tried cab on/off as mentioned above? What was the setting before, what is it now? ("I don't think"...isn't helpful and doesn't rule it out as a possible cause)

• 1. Have you reloaded the older firmware that was working for you? If so, does it still sound good?
    2. What Kemper outputs are you using for your interface and which one for your guitar cab? What are the ouput settings for each of these outputs? Seems if one Kemper output sounds good and one doesn't, something is different in the output settings.
    3. Have you tried cab on/off as mentioned above? What was the setting before, what is it now? ("I don't think"...isn't helpful and doesn't rule it out as a possible cause)

1. Yes I tried that and it still sounds bad
    2. I'm using the kemper power amp for the guitar cab and the monitor left for the interface. The output setting for the power amp 6.0db. Which setting would recommend for the powerrack?
    3. I have tried cab on/off and it doesn't help at all. The setting when it worked was off. It is still off but I did try to have it on and that didn't help at all.

• @KingKobra813 - thanks for the info. Not sure I understand "monitor left for the interface." Monitor doesn't have left or right (single mono output). Is it main left to interface or the monitor to the interface?

Edit: I believe the power amp uses the monitor output. If so, then you are using main output left for the interface. Please look at the output settings for the monitor and main outputs. What are they set to? Is main output set to "Master Mono"? Monitor should also be set to "Master Mono". Make sure they are both set to "Master Mono" (Page 1 of 5 under "Output"). Also check page 3 of 5 (under "Output") to ensure "Monitor Cab Off" is checked and the EQ settings aren't some extreme settings.

• @KingKobra813 - thanks for the info. Not sure I understand "monitor left for the interface." Monitor doesn't have left or right (single mono output). Is it main left to interface or the monitor to the interface?

Edit: I believe the power amp uses the monitor output. If so, then you are using main output left for the interface. Please look at the output settings for the monitor and main outputs. What are they set to? Is main output set to "Master Mono"? Monitor should also be set to "Master Mono". Make sure they are both set to "Master Mono" (Page 1 of 5 under "Output"). Also check page 3 of 5 (under "Output") to ensure "Monitor Cab Off" is checked and the EQ settings aren't some extreme settings.

They are both set to "master mono" and "monitor cab off" is checked. The EQ are just standard. I have never messed with them

• I thought I was able to reproduce this. It totally sounded robotic.

I recorded a clip and it sounded pretty damn good for a transpose effect. I know I was hearing it through my headphones so I played around with it some more and it turns out that I was hearing my guitar at its normal pitch acoustically in addition to what I was hearing in my headphones. I was able to get rid of the robotic effect by cranking my headphones. :D

I know that is not the problem you are having, but I felt so dumb about it that I wanted to share.