Your KPA Recording Setup (NON-REAMPING ONLY)

• Here's the deal: In the interest of doing what's best for my workflow and intolerance for technical problems and steep learning curves, I set up my Zoom R24 with the Kemper connected Main Output---Stereo Mix (in case I want to use certain effects)---XLR L & R Out to 2 track inputs on the R24. My first attempt at recording went off without a hitch and totally carefree from worries about signal flow to an interface, signal routing within the interface's software to the DAW, and then signal routing within the DAW. It's a beautiful thing. I actually picked up and played my guitar today!

I'll do mixing and mastering in Reaper. Frustration and headaches: bypassed.

If I could ever see even just a demo video of the Tascam DP-32SD, I'd consider one day upgrading to that for the extra channel strips.

Yeah the Zoom R24 is easy and had a good preamp plus ASIO support.Good to hear you found a solution that fits your requirments.Have fun!

• The guy who was talking about analogue tape etc had a point maybe?

SPDIF is probably a perfect reproduction, but maybe using analogue outs and hitting the pre actually rounds off the edges of the sound in a sonically pleasing way.

For example - certain buffers on fx pedals. Can be seen as not that great as not true bypass, but put one in the chain and it can tame the highs of a sterile sounding guitar chain.