Strings out of pole pieces?

• what type of guitar is this? have you checked your neck? some distance out of pole center chould be ok! don't know if i have seen it so much as on your single coils. is the neck prpper fit? the strings is more to the bass side than the thin e-string side! on my guitars its more symmetrical

• what type of guitar is this? have you checked your neck? some distance out of pole center chould be ok! don't know if i have seen it so much as on your single coils. is the neck prpper fit? the strings is more to the bass side than the thin e-string side! on my guitars its more symmetrical

This is Chapman ml-1. Low E string is 3mm to the edge of the fretboard, high e string is 4mm - measured on the 24th fret. I don't know how to check proper neck fit. It looks like bridge was badly mounted.

• Isn't that your new Chapman ML-1? Contact Anderton's or whatever dealer sent you this. I guess you will have to return it - and Chapman guitars might better maker sure that they send you a properly crafted instrument (just in case it's an ML-1).

• Look at the fingerboard - the strings are off-center on it, too.

I think the bridge screws could be loosened, and the bridge moved toward the treble side of the guitar a little bit.

Bridge cannot be moved to right because most left screw is in the hole of diameter the same as the screw. I could remove the screw, and move the bridge than, but that's not the case. All other 5 screws are in the holes that enables the bridge to move right.

Isn't that your new Chapman ML-1? Contact Anderton's or whatever dealer sent you this. I guess you will have to return it - and Chapman guitars might better maker sure that they send you a properly crafted instrument (just in case it's an ML-1).

Yes this is new Chapman ML-1 form Thomann. Unfortunately Thomann just sends guitars nit checking them - I think. I wonder if Andertons checks them before sending to Thomann....

• Anyway - if you feel like it, contact Anderton's or Rob Chapman directly. This is not acceptable. Also, I have often asked myself, whether Thomann quality checks guitars, before they ship them. I ordered a guitar once - was disappointed with the setup - so I returned it, they set it up (more or less) and in the end, I gave it to my local luthier to get the final setup.

• The neck may need a chiropractic adjustment. Try loosening the neck attachment bolts a tad, push the headstock so that it moves a bit towards the treble side (you may hear some creaking as the neck moves in the neck pocket), then retighten the bolts. It may not completely fix the alignment, but it might help a bit.

Oops, I see now that others already gave you the same advice.

• Anyway - if you feel like it, contact Anderton's or Rob Chapman directly. This is not acceptable. Also, I have often asked myself, whether Thomann quality checks guitars, before they ship them. I ordered a guitar once - was disappointed with the setup - so I returned it, they set it up (more or less) and in the end, I gave it to my local luthier to get the final setup.

I asked Thomann before buying guitar if they can check guitar, like Andertons do. I meant string action, intonation, bridge saddles height etc. They said they can do simple setup for free but it will prolong packaging and shipment etc. If anyone checked this guitar, I think they would not ship it.

I have more - backplate is touching springs, the backplate is not flat when screwed to the body.

[Blocked Image: http://s27.postimg.org/dadtgq4mr/chapman4.jpg]

• This is a brandnew guitar - I wouldn't bother trying to fix it myself. Return it, contact Rob Chapman, write a review on Thoman's website. You should have enough time to see if Rob Chapman replies - if not, simply return it to Thoman and mention that you are disappointed with the fact that you explicitly asked to check and setup the guitar and they didn't see the errors. In case you want to try another one, this should put people on alert and it's likely that the next delivery will be fine.

• I have more - backplate is touching springs, the backplate is not flat when screwed to the body.

This is not looking good. In this case I would simply return the guitar to Thomann. You are covered with 30-days return policy. In the past I returned AKAI MPD26 and changed it for Korg PadKontrol with no problem.

• This is a brandnew guitar - I wouldn't bother trying to fix it myself. Return it, contact Rob Chapman, write a review on Thoman's website. You should have enough time to see if Rob Chapman replies - if not, simply return it to Thoman and mention that you are disappointed with the fact that you explicitly asked to check and setup the guitar and they didn't see the errors. In case you want to try another one, this should put people on alert and it's likely that the next delivery will be fine.

I already sent message to Rob from his website already and sent him links to the threads on Robchapman.tv forums.

Well I resigned from the chekup, because I wanted guitar faster at home. But I bet no one would notice that backplate touches the springs, since the tremolo is not installed by default.

I think that this backplate touching the springs may be in some range of these guitars.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• This is not looking good. In this case I would simply return the guitar to Thomann. You are covered with 30-days return policy. In the past I returned AKAI MPD26 and changed it for Korg PadKontrol with no problem.

I know Thoman makes no problem with returns, I'll contact them tomorrow - it just takes time, I wanted good guitar. I wonder what happens if every guitar they open will have backplate touching the springs.

• Even if quality of guitars in this price range varies from piece to piece, I would not expect these kind of flaws. I bought Harley Benton guitar on Thomann for my nephew few years ago and it was exceptional quality for the money. This one: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harle…on_hbms620tr_egitarre.htm
    For 125€!

Not only I have problems with strings out of pole pieces and backplate touching the springs http://www.robchapman.tv/forum…1-neck-out-of-axis.31281/

• If it's a bolt on neck, this is usually a simple fix: as others mentioned. re-seat the neck.

Of course, since it's brand new, you could always exercise the option of sending it back to the manufacturer. But these setup issues are quite common. I'm pretty sure Thomann will attempt the same fix and send it back to you. Not too sure about the springs touching the trem cavity cover though, that doesn't sound so good.