Buy a kemper used?

• Hi

I am thinking about buying a kemper used. But this means that I will have no guarantee.

is this risky? I will only use it at home. How durable is it? Is it a possible risk that the amp will stop working in a couple of years?

the reason that i ask is because i have had two amps before that suddenly stopprt working. Yamaha htr and blackstar ht-1r.

• Hi well every electronic system can fail but the kemper have great build quality so...

• I've had mine for a year, and it's survived being tossed on the floor (in a case with little padding) by an errant drummer. The Kemper seems to be built like a brick ***house. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one used. What really puzzles me is why there would even be a used one available?... It's an amazing piece of equipment, so why anyone would get rid of one, or not like it, is beyond me. :)

Grab it... download and install the latest update, and you're good to go!

Bringing music to the people.... one dirty little club at a time! :thumbup:

• I haven't heard of many kempers failing. The only issue is there was a batch of faulty LED's but kemper will replace these under warranty. I'd have no issue buying a used kemper. So I say go for it :)

I am curious abou tthe LED issue, was this limited to a specific run of the kemper line? For example only the white-faced units, or have some of the other toasters experienced this issue as well?

• Kemper honours a 3-year warranty, not many units are older than this actually.

As for the LED issue, it was reported to be relative to a faulty batch of components used in 2012.