NAMM 2015 Video: Kemper Booth

• Now I'm confused. One what per what, now?

Cheers,
    Sam

Haha lmao again. Sam, I know what you're saying. I think everyone has a different idea of how it works no matter what the manaul says and what was shown at NAMM on videos. Like I said, ship some and put them in the hands of some of our users and we'll get the real scoop for sure. And, that's what I want before I drop 600. IMHO :thumbup:

• Now I'm confused. One what per what, now?

Cheers,
    Sam

You can assign an FX to a slot. After that, the slot is not free to use any other effect. What I was hoping for was that I could programme a wah to activate in slot one with say Button I and then use that same slot (1) to call up another effect, like a pitch shifter. Unfortunately, this is not possible within the architecture of the Kemper.

As far as what paults was saying, you can turn up to four FX on or off (both included as one change) using stomps I-IV on the Remote.

• What I was hoping for was that I could programme a wah to activate in slot one with say Button I and then use that same slot (1) to call up another effect, like a pitch shifter.

Nightlight -
    You can do that. Effects modules A and B are used as examples, below:

If you have a Wah assigned to A, and a Pitch Pedal assigned to B, you can use a Button to switch from A to B, and B to A. (A On and B Off) switches to (A Off and B On)

Note:
    -With those two specific effects, the position of the expression pedal will be important when you use the button, to prevent the guitar from sounding out of tune.
    -I suggest setting the wah to "bypass at heel", and setting the Pitch to be normal at heel(Heel = 0, Toe = -24).
    -If you keep the pedal at Heel position when you are not using either effect, they will be bypassed.

• HAHAHA, the confusion on this thread is stellar ^^

I know you can do that, I can do that without a Remote, it's how I have my performances arranged right now, just a stomp to send a CC message on to one effect, while sending a CC message off to another.

I was thinking more in terms of a different architecture, that would allow me to programme that wah in slot 1, as well as a pitch shifter in the same slot, using the same programming method on the Remote. For example, I'd dial in a wah, hold Stomp I and press the button. Then I'd switch that effect to a pitch shifter, hold stomp II and press the button. In that way, it would recall a wah with I and pull up the pitch shifter with II. But they would be in the *same slot* freeing up other slots for me to use other FX.

I know, I know, why not just shift performances? In truth, that's probably the best argument against having "replaceable slots" haha! ^^

• I think you're confusing slots with switches. Slots in that instance are performance slots, of which there are 5 per Performance, and therefore 5 dedicated switches on the Remote. However, there are 4 FX switches on the Remote that can be assigned to any of the 8 FX slots on the KPA, up to four per switch. Each Performance slot can have it's own combination of FX assignments for the 4 FX switches, so in the above instance, Performance slot 1 has a switch that's assigned to FX A On *or* B On, whereas Performance slot 2 has a switch that's assigned to A and B On *or* A and B Off...

Edit : this reply is for @Hurricane!

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks Sam, yes I know this. It is not too complicated, I think. But it's necessary to use a second slot for switching on and off or assign both effects to two other switches (A and B on ) and (A and B off). This dimishes the overall possibilities of 4 effect-scenes in one slot.
    As I understand the functionality of the 4 switches, they are combined in a logical "or" function, which means that they additionally put effects on).
    So I think it will be better to programm one of the switches to "all stomps and effects off" so that you have a defined status within one slot, from where you can start again.

Altering effects under one switch in this aspect are not so much practical (for me).

• Thanks Sam, yes I know this. It is not too complicated, I think. But it's necessary to use a second slot for switching on and off or assign both effects to two other switches (A and B on ) and (A and B off). This dimishes the overall possibilities of 4 effect-scenes in one slot.
    As I understand the functionality of the 4 switches, they are combined in a logical "or" function, which means that they additionally put effects on).
    So I think it will be better to programm one of the switches to "all stomps and effects off" so that you have a defined status within one slot, from where you can start again.

Altering effects under one switch in this aspect are not so much practical (for me).

I don't think this is possible. As far as I am aware, you can't have the same FX slot assigned to two different switches on the Remote. Eg. switch I assigned to engage slot A, switch II assigned to toggle slots A + B

Cheers,
    Sam

• I don't think this is possible. As far as I am aware, you can't have the same FX slot assigned to two different switches on the Remote. Eg. switch I assigned to engage slot A, switch II assigned to toggle slots A + B

Cheers,
    Sam

Not sure if that's right, Sam. You could always programme switches I-IV to retain the state of an FX, or activate one, as long as it's within the limitation of up to four changes maximum. So I could programme switches I and II to alter the state of say a wah between on and off and have switch III activate the same wah along with something else.

• Not sure if that's right, Sam. You could always programme switches I-IV to retain the state of an FX, or activate one, as long as it's within the limitation of up to four changes maximum. So I could programme switches I and II to alter the state of say a wah between on and off and have switch III activate the same wah along with something else.

Again, I don't think that's within the realms of their current functionality, the ability to retain the state or only activate an effect. As far as I've seen or read, they operate only as toggle state switches at this stage. Could be an excellent feature request, though.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Again, I don't think that's within the realms of their current functionality, the ability to retain the state or only activate an effect. As far as I've seen or read, they operate only as toggle state switches at this stage. Could be an excellent feature request, though.

Cheers,
    Sam

I'm pretty sure you can do this within the limitation of four changes per switch, i.e. Turn on/off up to four FX simultaneously. That doesn't preclude the possibility of having another FX in an altogether different slot from remaining active, for example delay and reverb. Essentially, if I want to retain a state, I should just not click on the footswitch and touch that FX, I'm thinking.

Then again, I have been wrong on one or two occasions ^^

So as an example:
    I) Activate wah and vibe effect
    II) Turn off vibe effect, retain wah effect, turn on boost
    III) Turn off wah effect, turn on pitch shifter, turn off boost
    IV) Turn off pitch shifter, turn on studio EQ

Now if I stepped on I, then on II, it would have wah and boost. If I step on II again, it will return to the way it was on I. If I step on III, it should retain the vibe while turning off the wah and activating the pitch shifter. Since the boost is inactive, it will remain inactive. If I step on IV, it will turn off pitch shifter and activate the studio EQ.

I think this should be do-able. Toggling states is all available within one button, so if I was on I and stepped on I, both wah and vibe would turn off.