So many new options! Camplifier or Ambrosi plus what cab?

• Also, Tilman the total cost was 112.35 EUR shipped right now. Great deal. Can't wait for your conversions kit.

Wau, that is a real bargain, considering that the cabinet is of high quality and shipping cost from here to the US for the small Camplifiers costs about one third of that alone.
    Congratulations !

Tilman

• I got my Ambrosi this morning. Tried it through 2 different 8 Ohm cabs and the output is exceptionally low ....where is the trimmer ? Could it have gotten turned down during shipping ?

• From the pics and the videos Rob sent me, and despite the careful packaging, Rob's unit was kicked hard during transportation and was sadly DOA :(
    We're trying to analyse what happened to see whether it would be easy to fix it locally.

• I am very very disappointed by the customer service from Ambrosi Amps.

I paid for a unit and received one which DOES NOT WORK. Under European Law the responsibility is on the seller to ensure that the unit arrives safely and in working condition with the purchaser and if not then the seller either replaces the unit or pays for shipping back to fix same....

I have given Ambrosi every opportunity to do this and I have even offered to pay half of the shipping costs to get a working unit but they have declined and suggest that I get someone local to fix the unit instead.

I am very very disappointed in the treatment that I have received.

I'm sure Gianfranco will come back with lots of comments and rhetoric etc... but the basic facts remain :

• I GOT A BROKEN UNIT
    • AMBROSI AMPS WONT FIX IT UNLESS I PAY TO SHIP IT BACK AND THEN PAY THEM TO SHIP IT TO ME AGAIN ( c.€80 )
  • From the pics and the videos Rob sent me, and despite the careful packaging, Rob's unit was kicked hard during transportation and was sadly DOA :(
    We're trying to analyse what happened to see whether it would be easy to fix it locally.

the packaging wasn't that great Gianfranco ....no bubble wrap in the box , 30-40 polystyrene beads , and a few pieces of 12mm expanded polystyrene around the perimeter.
    Also , the POST ITALIA box wasn't at all damaged anywhere so if it took a 'bad knock' then the box doesn't show any signs of it.

Edited once, last by Robman ().

• the packaging wasn't that great Gianfranco ....no bubble wrap in the box , 30-40 polystyrene beads , and a few pieces of 12mm expanded polystyrene around the perimeter.
    Also , the POST ITALIA box wasn't at all damaged anywhere so if it took a 'bad knock' then the box doesn't show any signs of it.

Also, the monitor out cable that came with the cord pack has never worked.

I bought the Ambrosi Unit because I thought it was going to be a great solution and the lack of quality control has turned this experience into a nightmare

Sorry to hear about that, Robman. I'm sure this will get sorted out.

• I finally got the problem(s) sorted.

My engineer gave me a detailed report on what the issues were.They were not caused by the transportation.

I have emailed Ambrosi and will fill you all in on the issues once I have discussed same with them.

The unit is now working as it should ....It is really loud and sounds great but cost me €70 plus a day off work plus a 4 hour round trip ( + petrol ) to get it fixed.

• Sorry it took me a good bit before "officially" answer.

I felt the need to find a long term solution to any present and future potential issue with Ambrosi Amps' products.
    Basically, we had to rethink the way of dealing with orders.

I believe all we agree that no one today can think of starting a business - let alone continuing it - by trying to take profit of customers, cheating on specs, or in any other way. I believe everyone takes for granted Andrea's good faith.
    We have already dealt with some issues in the past, and have fixed it with our customers' satisfaction.

When it came to packaging, we looked for a good compromise between costs for the customers and robustness. Granted, any packaging can be improved. Sure, you could even use a safe for sending anything, but it would be extremely expensive. I thought "no-one would pay 70 € for a 2-kg parcel (unless it's a gold ingot LOL)".

Anyway, we have experienced issues a couple of times with the courier, and I had also to admit that insurance is quite useless if the addressee doesn't take advantage of it. In my ignorance about the consignment realm, I thought that insurance was a safe way to protect our work and our customers' satisfaction. I had to take cognizance of the fact that this is not the case.

So, from now on, Ambrosi amps will be shipped in a double package (box-in-box), to ensure that your desire for a great-sounding and convenient power amp for your Profiler doesn't turn into a stomach-ache for you... and for us :)
    You guys know me very well, and you know that I could never be happy by causing someone else's dismay or frustration, specially when it comes to this great community. I've never been the "grab-n-run" kind of man.

I had just written to Rob to confirm he could send the unit back, but have read on this thread that he proceeded differently.

• viabcroce , it is good to see your response to this,one of my concerns with the ambrosi amp, is shipping to usa, & the distance involved IF something was damaged in transit, or just plain DOA . BTW , I am still interested in the amp , roger