chicken head knob issue

• i just unboxed my brand new kemper rack, but i can't turn it off. by selecting the left position via the chicken head knob it stays on the tunermode. it only turns off by switching off my rackpowersupply. any tips or tricks anyone? software issue? hardware issue? ;(

• Do you still have five knob positions? If Tuner is the leftmost one, can you turn it CW beyond Profiler?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• yep 5 positions... it starts with power, then cw tuner, browser, perform, profiler, no turning beyond power or profiler... as soon as i turn on my powersupply, the kemper turns on... even on the leftmost pos.

• If it's physically not turning beyond profiler on the right and beyond tuner on the left, then I'd say you have four available knob positions instead of five? Or is it five but turning left from tuner to off doesn't turn it off?
    Either way, if the leftmost position doesn't turn the machine off, then you have a problem that's likely beyond DIY repair, likely a faulty rotary.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

Edited once, last by MuddyFox ().

• Well that's obviously not right and it also doesn't sound like a software glitch to me. Have you contacted Kemper about it?

• Ok, i got exactly the same problem now. Plugging in power cable the Kemper goes ON right away and stays on tuner-mode no matter what position the chicken-head switch has ?(

Please..anyone solved that problem? Thank you... :thumbup:

• damn i think its a physical problem with the chicken head....not sure.

contacted Kemper support...

-booting with USB did not help..

-installed other OS version..nothing.

-tried factory reset/flash memory but can`t get into maintenance mode..why...?!

Ok, i found out the chicken head is "stuck" in Browser mode but with Tuner activated like midi/volume off..thats odd i was able to deactivate the Tuner via MIDI controler (volume up)...but still the chicken head is not working..so i can`t even get into maintenance mode because it`s "stuck" in browser moder after plugin in power cable..

wtf seems i have to send the unit in....any further ideas? thanks...

Edited once, last by DelPozzo ().

• The one and only idea is that you have faulty switch knob. This is mechanical component and one poor electrical contact can cause this.
    Contact support.