Profile Remote Stand alone?

• Dear Mr Kemper is it possible to have in the future a Kemper pedalboard standalone? So we can keep our expansive toy at home and gig with a stand alone pedalboard where we had import ( maybe by usb ) our presets?

• The cost of making a unit like the KPA is in engineering the guts of the box. You may remove all the buttons, remove most of the connectors and stuff the remains in a tiny box, but the internals for a "playback" unit will still essentially be the same to produce the same sound. Maybe one could cut the unit cost by 10%, but is that really worth all the trouble?

The way to a cheaper KPA is in dividing the engineering-cost between more units. I.e. sell more boxes. If the development of a device cost $10M and you sell 1k, you need to charge $10k/unit on top of the production cost just to break even. Sell 10M units and you only need to charge $1/unit for development.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• I think is the matter of 2 factors:
    1. how many people really want pedal board Kemper Pedalboard Amplifier
    2. and most importand - if the pedalboard version will not have profiling mode and IO for this - this will be no more Kemper Profiling Amplifier .

This is the main advantage over the other dsp units - you buy a DSP for profiling your own amp.

• I think of the KPA as a linux computer. It might be hardy enough to sit on an amp, in a rack mount, or carried in a case and placed here or there.

But I would NOT drop my Macbook on the ground and start stomping on it!

• I would love a 1 or 2U size Kemper rack processor that had no profiling capability. I'd pay as much as $1500 USD for it. I realize I'm in the minority. I have no desire to profile my own amps. If I want to hear my amps, I'd just as soon plug them in. There's no way I could profile my Mesa and my homemade Weber Deluxe clone and have it sound as good as when a professional engineer with a vast assortment of mics and mic placement knowledge does it. I look at profiling as a superior way to make realistic sounding patches, and nothing more. I also really like the analog feeling workflow of the Kemper as opposed to the competition, which is why the very day I get my tax return there will be a KPA rack on its way to my house! Man, I can't wait!! I digress.