Planning to use fractal fx8 with kemper

• Bump for more INFO/feedback

Smart brains and all that. Thinking about going this route as well.

Here's what I posted on the FAS forum:
    "I have a Kemper and a Roland GR55 playing quite nicely together with an external midi controller. The thought of missing those Fractal verbs and delays tugged at me a little bit though and the seeds for GAS were planted [Blocked Image: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png]

My current controller sends out specific CCs to the Kemper to control gain, octave, solo boost and engage delays. Another button sends PCs to the GR55 to A/B switch between two of my often used synth presets. I have one external expression pedal connected to the controller to control crossfade on the GR (goes between normal guitar tone coming from the Kemper and whatever synth tones are currently loaded on the GR). A second controller is connected that controls the wah block on the Kemper.

Can the FX8 work in this manner?"
    I looked at the FX8 manual but it wasn't exactly clear. I could get rid of my existing controller and use the Fractal if I knew it was going to work in a similar manner...

• I'm thinking of getting a Fractal AX8 to provide:

1) A computer-based editor for my effects. This is a big one since the "Rig Manager" is only a "Preset Organiser" and I wish I'd done more investigation)
    2) Better reverbs (my opinion)
    3) A full backup live option if the KPA fails or needs to go back for repair
    4) A local distributor

If the AX8 sounds great then I think I'll probably just use 2 of those if the KPA keeps causing me grief.

• What was your experience with the AX8 like?

• There is that option. I use the KPA with the FX8 for effects.
    If you think the AX8's amps are what you like, it's a no-brainer.

• That was part of my initial freakout while learning the KPA. I quickly realised that I didn't need another piece of gear to make it do what I needed.

One of the big "Ah ha!" moments was learning that I can save whole stomp chains as presets. Now I just get the amp sound and select the chain of effects to suit.