Just got my Mission expression pedal

• Couple of quick questions...

Is the toe switch really....light? If I step down on the pedal, it doesn't seem to click it down enough. If I use my finger under the pedal, that's when I hear the click.

I'm trying to set it up to use for wah and volume. I have a TRS cable from out 1 on the mission to pedal 1 on the back of them kemper.
    Out 2 on the mision is a mono cable that goes to kemper pedal input 2.

I can't seem to get the wah to react to anything. I have a wah set up in stomp A but it's not turning on or off when I click the toe switch with my finger.

The volume kinda works although it keeps going to tuner whenever I try to change anything in the system settings on the pedals page?

EDIT:
    Got the wah working fine now but the volume is kinda glitchy...it cuts off quickly rather than a gradual decline. I have pedal 1 set to Wah Wah type 1

EDIT #2: Wah is working fine. Volume swells up and down fineif I don't turn the wah on and off again. If I use the wahy, and then click the toe on the pedal so it shuts off and try to use the volume next, it doesn't swell down but cuts the volume off completely after a second or 2. Then it works as it should...any ideas?

One thing I do notice on the midi page under settings...I do have Volume to wah clicked but to the right it shows the expression going left to right when I move the pedal...but the volume part stays full on all the time. Is that correct on the kemper?

• I ended up changing out the toe switch in my ME pedal for a heavier feel so it engages like a traditional wah pedal. Personal preference on that one.

when going from wah to volume, the Kemper needs to see the pedal pass through where it was when you last used it as a volume pedal. That should re-engage it as the volume pedal. When you think about it, the volume is always at max when you switch it to wah because you engage the wah with the toe switch which is maximum volume. What I do is when I hit the toe switch to turn the wah off, I put a small amount of pressure on the pedal at max level but not hard enough to turn the wah back on. This should take your pedal setting back up to where the pedal was last used as a volume pedal.

takesa few times to get used to it. But still better than carrying two pedals around IMO.

sean

• Bump! Yo, Skyhigh. How are the 2 dunlops working for you? How do you have the wah set up as far an engaging it? (are you going into the remote or the amp?) I'm really bummed that I can't get one pedal to do wah and volume as I only use wah for one or two songs and I rarely use the volume pedal, so now I have to get two pedals that I will hardly use instead of one. I'm trying to find the most efficient way of doing this.

• If you don't use wah and volume much sounds like you are a good candidate to use one pedal with the wah to volume feature turned on in the KPA.

what is not working for you? Are you using the Kemper remote, different pedalboard setup, going straight to back of KPA?
    thanks
    sean

• If you don't use wah and volume much sounds like you are a good candidate to use one pedal with the wah to volume feature turned on in the KPA.

what is not working for you? Are you using the Kemper remote, different pedalboard setup, going straight to back of KPA?
    thanks
    sean

I plan on using an expression pedal with the remote. (I haven't received the remote yet. Long story.)
    It seems like the wah to volume doesn't work with the mission pedal if I am interpreting @skyhighrocks original post correctly.
    What am I missing? When the wah to volume is activated in the KPA, how does it distinguish between the 2 functions?

• The most foolproof way to make it work with a single pedal is to have a Wah OR a volume pedal programmed to be in the rig.

This! If you aren't using volume much, just set up a rig solely for use with the volume pedal function, otherwise have a wah stomp engaged with one of the "Bypass@..." parameters engaged.

Cheese,
    Sam

• If I were you, I'd mod an old wah, if you've got one lying around. It's very easy, and will give you something very reminiscent of the EP1-KP, especially if you install a momentary switch under the toe. I modded my broken Vox wah in about 30 mins!

Cheese,
    Sam

• If I were you, I'd mod an old wah, if you've got one lying around. It's very easy, and will give you something very reminiscent of the EP1-KP, especially if you install a momentary switch under the toe. I modded my broken Vox wah in about 30 mins!

Cheese,
    Sam

funny you say that. I have an old Vox wah that I haven't used in years. How does one do the mod and does it require batteries in the pedal to work?
    (I wouldn't think so.) and when did you go from cheers to cheese? :D

• funny you say that. I have an old Vox wah that I haven't used in years. How does one do the mod and does it require batteries in the pedal to work?
    (I wouldn't think so.) and when did you go from cheers to cheese? :D

Click here and here. The switch is very easy to wire : one side goes to tip, the other to sleeve. It works a treat, and with my Vox I didn't even have to buy new jack sockets, as one was already TRS, the other TS :D

As for cheese, I noticed that everyone's signing off with 'cheers' these days, so fancied a change ;)

Chimps,
    Sam

EDIT : no batteries required!