Soon to purchase a Kemper Profiling Amp! :D

• I know that, I'm just saying that the Profiler was created for the purpose of profiling tube amps, so the I/O is geared for that. I could however be totally wrong and be underestimating the flexibility of the machine.

Chi,
    Sam

• I wasn't implying you didn't dude :)! But I get your view... I'm pretty certain I read it somewhere, it was one of my main deciding factors in taking the plunge for it.... :)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• What is the best accepted practice for profiling multiple mics simultaneously? (Obviously an interface has to be in the signal chain...) but what ideas do people have?

Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions...

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Anyone ?

Also, just a quick question/safety worry - is it ok to have the 'Power Amp' engaged when no cabinet connected ? (since it is transistor P.A. rather than a valve... just I hear click when it's activates and want to ensure it doesn't heat up or anything...!)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Also, just a quick question/safety worry - is it ok to have the 'Power Amp' engaged when no cabinet connected ? (since it is transistor P.A. rather than a valve... just I hear click when it's activates and want to ensure it doesn't heat up or anything...!)

Perfectly fine.

• Anyone ?

Also, just a quick question/safety worry - is it ok to have the 'Power Amp' engaged when no cabinet connected ? (since it is transistor P.A. rather than a valve... just I hear click when it's activates and want to ensure it doesn't heat up or anything...!)

As Sam said, that isn't an issue. I use it this way all the time (I never turn off the power amp even when I'm not using it). I haven't had any issues. I believe there is a little info on that in the user manual about that too, check in there if you are curious.

• Sound. Thanks for the verification...

Is anyone able to help with Profiling via:

a) S/PDIF and;

b) using multiple mics through an interface to the Kemper (is it as simple as routing a cable from OUT of interface to the 'RETURN INPUT' of the Kemper...? - my interface only has TRS outs so would have to be a 1/4" jack to 1/4" or XLR - would it need to be TRS or TS (guessing TS would suffice or does it need to be stereo?) (would 1/4" to XLR be advantageous?!)

Cheers in advance

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• It's all in the manual, dude ;)

• Ok will have a looky!

Can anyone confirm (by double-checking their Profiler...) that the DEFAULT 'RETURN LEVEL' is 5.0dB when switching to the 'PROFILER' mode ??

Just want to check something...!

EDIT: I've noticed the return level when profiling changes and there doesn't seem to be a default

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

Edited once, last by nEVH5150 ().