Selling my Kemper Power Rack

• Serge : let us know what guitars/pickups you're using, what cab you're playing through and what kind of music you're playing through that cab, and we'll do our utmost to help you out.

Me, I'm a fellow play-through-a-guitar-cab guy, so I know how underwhelming it can be when you haven't found the profile(s) that suit you. If you're interested (and our taste is similar), I can let you know the ones that have worked best for me.

Cheers,
    Sam

• So irrespective of whether anyone thinks our effort in trying to convince you not to sell it was unfounded, I'm glad you have decided to keep it for the time being.

My thoughts are that you are disillusioned with the device because you are playing it through a cabinet and not an FRFR system, as I have seen other users complain when they have just bought the device. You should definitely give it a shot through a PA system sometime, the routing options on the Kemper and you'll probably get better sound FOH than with the cabinet.

As far as the cabinet, I'm not sure what speakers it uses, its characteristics, etc. But experience tells me that if you're experiencing clipping and undue colouration, it is just not a good match for the Kemper. I'll reiterate my suggestion that you create a DI profile of your amp (as well as one with a merged cabinet) once 3.0 comes out and you'll be surprised at the accuracy with your cabinet.

But I'll warn that YMMV with the factory profiles, which imo are really good. It's just that cabinet which is limiting your experience and I mean that in the best possible way as a possible solution to your Kemper worries.

• I can confirm Plug&Play works now with studio profiles flawlessly. I can not say that about amp-in-the-room sound. But that's what fw 3.0 (or even 2.8) is for. Not fw alone, but the DI profiles that will start to hit Rig Exchange.
    I think with fw3.0 you will get exactly what you expect from KPA - to have many amps for use with your cab for best amp-in-the-room sound.
    If finance is not problem I would definitely wait few months with selling. :)

Hope to experience that with new FW... I envy you guys who get that glorious sound with dynamics and true hairy overdrive :) yesterday I wanted to update to 2.8 beta to try new DI bass profile, but I read that the FW file is no longer accessible - gimma da new FW 3.0! :)

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Guys thanks for all your comments,to answer a few questions,I'm selling out of frustration,can't get what I want,BUT many have pointed out Firmware 3,I've taken the Kemper off Ebay,I will wait for firmware 3,and decide once I've tried the new Firmware,hopefully it's everthing that's it promises to be.
    Let me say that this Forum is full of very helpful and knowledgeable users and thank all for chiming in.
    Im sure that if someone would do a video for Kemper for dummies it would help out a lot of the serge users

THIS! :)

• Serge : let us know what guitars/pickups you're using, what cab you're playing through and what kind of music you're playing through that cab, and we'll do our utmost to help you out.

Me, I'm a fellow play-through-a-guitar-cab guy, so I know how underwhelming it can be when you haven't found the profile(s) that suit you. If you're interested (and our taste is similar), I can let you know the ones that have worked best for me.

Cheers,
    Sam

Sam let me start off by saying your generosity and willing to help is overwhelming. I play guitars with humbuckers,and single coils and ,the cab I'm using is a 2 x 12 port city cab with V30.i play in a covers band so really play everthing from Johnny Cash to ACDC Pink Doobie Bros Pat Benatar,Gary Moore Angels Etc
    pretty much everthing from the Seventies to Current
    The Guitars I use are probably unknown to you I have them custom Made in Australia builder is Cilia Guitars
    more or less Strat,Tele 325 and lL
    Thank You
    Serge

• I have the Power Rack I'm willing to Grab a FRFR Cab which Passive cab would you recommend for the Kemper
    the unit if nothing else is very handy makes life

• For stuff like Gary Moore AC/DC i recommend the Marshall Pack from TAF. These profiles will defo get you in that ball park. Plus you might fine some good ones in there for the other stuff you play

• I have the Power Rack I'm willing to Grab a FRFR Cab which Passive cab would you recommend for the Kemper
    the unit if nothing else is very handy makes life

You should check out the kit that's being put together by the Camplifier guys. It supposedly combines the best of a guitar cab as well as an FRFR cab. There's a thread about it. It should be cheaper than buying something like an Atomic passive CLR, which would be really flat, but really too expensive imo (and just my opinion).

• I am attaching to this thread.

I have telecaster and Andys "Trainwreck Ziggy" profile - as the player in this video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watch 48s to 58s how it is responsive to dynamics, wow. I try today and compare. I don't have this VOX30 profile but this sounds so ampish! (I never had amp)

No, I don't want to sell Kemper, I want "that" sound.

• I use the kemper through a dxr10 even though I have the powered toaster. I chose this as it got such good reviews on this forum and I've not been disappointed. I will say though that there are plenty of profiles which really sound muddy and horrible to me, some commercial and some not. I do really like the Rivera custom from Taf and the standard train wreck one, never yet found Marshall ones that work great though, although I have a feeling from the Taf marshall custom freebie demos that that one could be great and I'm very tempted with the Dr Z one too.

Also volume and 'in mix' profiles are a factor. There a some profiles i don't like the sound of, but they sound good with the band, at gig volumes.

it can be a bit hit and miss with profiles but there are many times I play through the kemper that I come away with a huge grin on my face!