Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• I'm trying to get the looper to work via sysex without success. Has anyone done this yet?
    My setup:
    I recorded a loop via the html page offered in this thread, the loop is running.
    I closed the page and opened MIDI-OX. The connection is okay (I sent a sysex message to change the rig volume and it worked) so I guess I'm sending the wrong messages to control the looper.
    As I have a running loop, I want to try to reverse it. I sent the following message but nothing changed:
    F0 00 20 33 01 7F 01 00 7D 5B 00 01 F7

Can someone help me out? Has someone tried to do this?

• Maybe the reason for this is conflict between midi ox and jazz plugin or sysex not working with the looper- i will check this today.

Edit: seems that sysex commands are not working with the looper:/

• The Jazz plugin html page posted earlier in this thread is NOT sending SysEx. It's sending raw MIDI, which happens to be a string of 4 CC commands in a row (in other words, NRPN).

This is the command sequence to reverse:

Code
    Jazz.MidiOutRaw(0xB0,0x63,0x7D,0xB0,0x62,0x5B,0xB0,0x06,0x00,0xB0,0x26,0x01)
  • I know it's not sending sysex. I tried to translate the messages I got from the source code to sysex format.

DamianGreda: It wasn't a conflict between those softwares as other sysex messages worked fine.
    Thanks for trying using sysex. Too bad, it doesn't work :(

• So, let me get this straight... can you use an HD500 as a foot controller and use the Jazz Plugin to generate the CC code to actually use the looper function? Or do you need a foot controller that can handle the NRPN standard? Sorry, I have been reading this thread for 2 days and I believe you can use a regular midi controller without NRPN capability for the looper. Is this right? Because I don't want to have to throw down $1000 for a Liquid Foot+ controller to have access to the looper when I can use my HD500...

• can you use an HD500 as a foot controller and use the Jazz Plugin to generate the CC code to actually use the looper function? Or do you need a foot controller that can handle the NRPN standard?

Looper can be used with simple controller which sends single CC message to PC, where it gets translated by Jazz plugin to NRPN message (4 consecutive CCs). So if you don't mind using Jazz plugin as translator, you can use any MIDI controller.

• Looper can be used with simple controller which sends single CC message to PC, where it gets translated by Jazz plugin to NRPN message (4 consecutive CCs). So if you don't mind using Jazz plugin as translator, you can use any MIDI controller.

That said, you could also use any controller that is capable of sending 4 CC (or more) messages on a button press. I do not know if the HD500 is capable of doing that.

• I think the HD500 can only send 1 CC message at a time. It's a great foot controller for the KPA, but it can't do the looper function as I found out yesterday. However, I saw on the WiKPA page that the Midi Event Processor might be a way to act as a go between and can send multiple midi messages at a time: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

Has anyone ever used this before? Specifically, has anyone ever used it for the looper? I'm guessing not yet...

Edit: seems that sysex commands are not working with the looper:/

This is a drag. I'm trying to program a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus to translate PC (or CC) messages to trigger Looper events. This would be a breeze if the output message were a SysEx string, but NRPN is unsupported by MIDI Solutions and trying to program a sequence of 4 CC's per each input event is very confusing, and impossible to troubleshoot.

If anyone does turn up compatible SysEx strings equivalent to the NRPN already indicated, please post here. Thanks!

• This is a drag. I'm trying to program a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus to translate PC (or CC) messages to trigger Looper events. This would be a breeze if the output message were a SysEx string, but NRPN is unsupported by MIDI Solutions and trying to program a sequence of 4 CC's per each input event is very confusing, and impossible to troubleshoot.

If anyone does turn up compatible SysEx strings equivalent to the NRPN already indicated, please post here. Thanks!

Looper is not working with sysex(cannot be triggeed by this way) from what i know. You have to use sequence of cc .Post what do you have and i will try to help.

Post what do you have and i will try to help.

Thanks and will do (next opportunity I have), but I don't think the trouble is with the actual CC messages I'm sending. More likely it's to do with the little quirks involved in the MIDI Solution Event Processor editor. Creating event sequences and programming the MSEP to step into/ out of them based on incoming triggers is a very tedious exercise. Every hair I lose in the process is an argument in favor of just ordering the Kemper Remote. If one were available, and guaranteed to work. :rolleyes:

• Woot! Just got this working! I was overthinking the sequence features of the Event Processor Plus - it was sufficient to just pile all of the CC messages comprising the NRPN in a row.

Works like a charm with a Tech 21 MIDI Moose sending PC 0-3 (labeled 1-4 on the pedal, oddly enough), could be easily reconfigured for anything that sends CC/PC messages.

The only thing I haven't quite sorted out is how the Undo works. Once I layer in a second loop, it seems to toggle between undo and redo. Is this just a one-layer undo?

Anyway, grateful for the work you guys put in. In case it helps anyone else, I'm attaching the .rtf file to program an Event Processor for this purpose.

• he only thing I haven't quite sorted out is how the Undo works. Once I layer in a second loop, it seems to toggle between undo and redo. Is this just a one-layer undo?

Glad you made it work! :thumbup:
    There is only one level of UNDO. It cancels or reactivates LAST overdub.

• Hi,
    so: here´s a video of my DIY Controller with looper integration:
    see also: DIY Midi-Footcontroller .. With Tuner AND Looper

It can do all the things with the looper: Button one is Rec, overdub, play (with the hold-function like the kemper remote). Button 2 is stop (hold it 2s: delete loop). Button 3 is undo/redo, button 4 is Retrigger, button 5 is 1/2 speed (with hold-function like described in the manual).

The LED on button one is: dark-red, if stopped and empty, light-red, when recording, light-green, when playing, dark green, when stopped but there´s a loop. and dark red again, when loop is "deleted" (what i mean by delete: read below).

what i don't get:
    - my button 4 (trigger) retriggers the loop when its playing: perfect: but, if it´s stopped, the button does nothing! I can not trigger the loop just for one "round" .. whats the nrpn-message for "trigger once when loop is stopped"?

- Whats the thing with: delete loop:
    I did´n manage to delete a loop, as if i press play, it always is there and starts playing, no matter how often i send the delete-nrpn-message.
    How i "delete" it: Just send a Record-message when loop is stopped - no need to delete it in any way. the KPA just records a new loop...
    So my delete-function just tells the "record/overdup/play"-button not to send "play", but to send "record" - i hope it´s clear, what i mean.

here is it in action:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

what do you think?

greetings
    Martin