Top Jimi: Marshall AFD100 (Slash)

• We've just completed profiling the Marshall Slash amplifier -- the AFD100. The amp has two modes. The AFD mode emulates the sound of the hot-rodded metal-panel Super Lead used by Slash to record the first Guns N' Roses album. The #34 mode emulates his modded JCM800 used in later recordings. The AFD mode has more gain, with the #34 being similar to a standard JCM800. There are (5) 12AX7's in the preamp section and (4) 6550's for output power. This is a really great amp. We had a blast profiling this one, and we think we got some pretty killer tones. Let us know what you think.

Demo Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HQ Audio:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,
    Jimi

• Got the email announcement last night. Ordered minutes later! Fantastic pack. I'll be making some clips very soon! Love it. As always, TopJimi showing expertise in capturing what a Marshall FEELS like to play!

• Thanks guys. We love vintage Marshalls, but this one definitely holds it's own. We were really impressed with this amp (with the exception of the new Marshall power soak feature). The power soak makes the sound thin and weak. We didn't use it. The great tone seems in line with the huge transformers and seemingly good build quality.

Love the choice of AFD and #34 modes (especially the AFD). The AFD mode is a little wild (like you'd expect from a modded amp), having a ton of gain on tap. But if you set it up right, the tone is among my all-time faves.

-Jimi

• Sorry, not done in 3.0 format. Old school, baby.

-Jimi

Go with what works "across the board" is what I say! Until we are ALL there, keep it universal.

We've already profiled the YJM. Should be out within a week. It's another awesome amp. The combination of the boost with the Super Lead is really impressive.

-Jimi

I am looking forward to the YJM.

• I have just purchased and played Topjimi's AFD100.

I A-B between couple of Slash's recent recordings including live album with my R9 with AFD100 #34 Max1. rig.
    Topjimi, you just nailed Slash's tone. I mean This is just IT!

This is the 4th marshall profile I bought Marshall from topjimi and once again, very oranic marshall sound with very accurate slash tone.

I can't wait YJM. Marshall = Topjimi.