Download for Strymon BigSky YouTube Presets

• I've seen a lot of KPA users around here mention Strymon pedals. I think many of us can agree that Strymon makes great YouTube demos. In particular, the tones in their BigSky videos are what sold me on it without ever having played the pedal (I'm sure I'm not alone in that). After having the pedal for over a year now, I recently went back and watched some of the demos. To my surprise, I found that none of the YouTube "presets" actually came on the pedal's factory preset list. As I mentioned, those sounds are what sold me on the pedal, so I went through each video and made/saved the presets on my BigSky with the name/settings shown in the videos. I've since made a backup and have it available for download if anyone else wants to sync the YouTube presets over to their BigSky using the Librarian software.

These are hands down the best tones I've heard come from the BigSky. By downloading this backup, you'll save yourself 5 hours of having to manually make all 29 banks (87 presets) shown in the videos. :S These are setup for stereo use (like in the videos, settings are an exact copy), so if you're running a mono setup you'll need to pull the mix and feedback settings back. The presets are setup in order of reverb type from Hall -> Room, as that was the order on Strymon's BigSky playlist. When you load the back up in the Librarian, the YouTube presets will be located in banks 20A - 49C and they all start with $ in front of the name. If you have questions on how to load them over to your BigSky without erasing your own presets, please refer to this link.

Librarian Instructions
    http://www.strymon.net/support…nload-usage-instructions/

BigSky Backup
    https://goo.gl/jvMtra

Enjoy,
    - Brady

• Thanks, man!

I don't have a BigSky yet but am seriously considering it. I'm gonna grab these just in case! :thumbup:

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Thank you Sir! I have the pedal and just haven't had the time to really go through it. Those vids were the reason I bought the pedal and now thanks to you, I can get to some of those preset sounds much faster! :thumbup:

• Just got my big sky! havent had much time getting aquainted with it yet but thanks for this.. Any other time saving tips or reccomendations for getting through the learning curve ? do you still use any of the original factory presets ? 87 presets ! HOW DO YOU USE yours with the kemper ? is it on a pedalboard at your feet always ? are you using midi with specific rigs to recall presets ? Now that I have it the type of sounds are almost overwhelming and Im trying to decide how to best utilize it and organize presets...

• Just got my big sky! havent had much time getting aquainted with it yet but thanks for this.. Any other time saving tips or reccomendations for getting through the learning curve ? do you still use any of the original factory presets ? 87 presets ! HOW DO YOU USE yours with the kemper ? is it on a pedalboard at your feet always ? are you using midi with specific rigs to recall presets ? Now that I have it the type of sounds are almost overwhelming and Im trying to decide how to best utilize it and organize presets...

Here's my 2 cents about the big sky and bigger digital pedals in general: I'm really not into programming presets for each song, hence why I use a pedal board instead of the built in KPA fx. So how I get around this with the IMO best digital reverb and delay pedals out there (I've used eventide, boss, TC, etc) is that I have presets for each type of delay or amount of reverb, and global tap tempo turned on for most presets. That way I can switch between each delay type during 1 song and have the same tempo. So on the big sky in bank 0 I have my 3 most used presets: Small, Medium, and Large (they are plate, plate, and Hall, respectively, with increasing mix and feedback for each. The Large also has some modulation). I use one or none of these 3 99% of the time. Then on Bank 1 I have lesser used presets like spring, shimmer, etc. I should also mention that on the KPA I always have a very light reverb on whatever profile I'm using.

On the timeline I have different banks for type or delay interval (Bank 0: Swell presets, Bank 1: quarter, Bank 2: dotted eighth, Bank 3: eighth, Bank 4: Digital/dual delay U2 sounds, etc). Then for most banks I have "light" on preset A and "medium" on preset B. All of this is used for less than 20% of my delays though, as the Diamond Memory Lane Jr is just perfect for 80% of my delays. I mostly use the timeline for swells or if I need to quickly switch between different delay presets in 1 song.

Another really useful thing for using these pedals live is to lower the Bank Scroll option in Global Settings to the actual number of banks you use instead of having 100 banks of useless presets to get lost in / confused while playing live.

Here is a pic of my current PTJr board. I run the whole thing into the front of my KPA on various clean amp profiles with a light reverb from the KPA always on.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yp2EAaJ.jpg]

• THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO RESPOND.. This is helpful to me..... Trying to keep everything midi at my feet and still utilize big sky...... btw like the JHS pedals with memory lane..nice board. just sold mine but that mem lane jr is great sounding

• Hi, The download link for the Big Sky presets no longer works. Any chance someone could send me a link to them. Or just the document? I'd really appreciate it. You can email me at uburoi at mac dot com.

Thanks,
    Bob

• WOW! Thank you so much for doing that! What a great thing!

So, quick question. Does this overwrite the entire library, replacing 20A-49C with these new ones?

Very cool of you to put them back in the Dropbox. Thank You!

Bob

• How do you change between kemper profiles? You using a midi pedal to do this or just manually?

• Wow that's great!
    I had also watched the youtube vids and was amazed at the sounds of the bigsky.
    I bought it and it sounded - well very different. I tweaked it but was not able to get as great results as I had seen in the vids so I sent it back. Will give it another try with your presets. Many thanks in advance