EV EVM 12L Speaker

• Hi,
    is here someone who has experiences with the EV EVM 12L guitar/P.A. speaker in combination with the Kemper?
    I think about swapping out the factory built in speaker from my Atomic Reactor passive cab (and deactivate the tweeter) and drive it WITH cab Simulation.

I´m dreaming of a (more) linear Sound and the "real" feel of a guitar speaker!!!!

Thanks.

• Im experimenting with one now.

If you look at my Avatar the bottom cab is a Bogner that I loaded with the EV. This cab has two round ports at the bottom and is deep like a 4x12.

The cab on top is an Atomic CLR

The combination of standard guitar cab (with cab sims OFF) and CLR ( cabs on) is pretty impressive!.

Im able to blend the two for a nice combination. Kind of "the best of both worlds"

I dont "love" either of these cabs by themselves although I haven't tried any DI profiled heads through just the EV as Im waiting for the new firmware to address some issues I believe may have to do with new merged profiles.

• the evm 12l is originally not (only) a guitar speaker but a PA-speaker. I thought it would be possible, to tweak the monitor out EQ from the Kemper so it fits, that the PA sound is similar to the cab with the ev12l. I think, user deadpan thinks similar.

Now you say ... "dont "love" either of these cabs "
    What´s wrong with the ev12l running with CAB SIMULATION?

• EV is good speaker, but it's not flat by any means. At least not in the same way as FRFR or studio monitors. I have 2x12 EVM12l closed cab (driven by Matrix GT800FX), and while it's pretty versatile it has it own (guitar speaker) sound. Actually tried one rehearsal with "cab on" and didn't like it. it sounded too "mushy"...

I also own CLR12, so I will try them both same time like sugarlou tipped.

• EV is good speaker, but it's not flat by any means. At least not in the same way as FRFR or studio monitors. I have 2x12 EVM12l closed cab (driven by Matrix GT800FX), and while it's pretty versatile it has it own (guitar speaker) sound. Actually tried one rehearsal with "cab on" and didn't like it. it sounded too "mushy"...

This. It's a good guitar speaker with its own sound but it's not FRFR by any means, so results will be unpredictable.
    Also it's VERY heavy.

• This. It's a good guitar speaker with its own sound but it's not FRFR by any means, so results will be unpredictable.
    Also it's VERY heavy.

Yes! I use a Mesa Boogie 1x12 cab with a EVM 12L and works very well with the KPA and my Camplifier 180.

I agree with penatuna. With the cab on it sounds "mushy".

And it's VERY heavy!!!!

• the reason i want to know more about the evm12l is that at the moment i´m experimenting with a Jensen Jet Tornado (neodynium). I think the Speakers are simular "linear" in the frequence diagrams. With manipulation the EQ (for example with the Jensen. B: +3.0, M: +0,2, T:+2,6, P: +2,6) and active cab simulation it sounds realy good in my ears. Not "mushy" in my ears. Maybee someone be so kind and test the eq settings with the ev12l with cab simulation?

But the EV has very good Small Thiele Parameters and i think the bass response must be very much better than the bass response of the Jensen im my cab with bass port.