JTC Solo Contest 2015 (Thumas' Mesa Mark III profile used)

• Hi guys!

I entered this solo contest and decided to use Thumas' Mark III merged profile for the sound. The sound consists of two layers. Basically it's the same amp but reamped with different cab IR's. I used custom IR's with this one. (a 57 on a Mesa 4x12 and a 421 on a Marshall 4x12) I think it turned out quite well. :) Tell me what think guys!

And if you like the video/sound push the "thumbs up" button on the page. It will really help me with the contest. :)

https://jamtrackcentral.com/jt…olocontest2015/entry/722/

• meambobbo, djemass and GLiDE-BPM

Thank you so much, guys! :)

It really means a lot to me. I really took my time with this one and tried to express different aspects of my playing based on each section of the backing track. So my solo being called tasty is awesome. :) You guys rock!

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and listen to the vid!

• One day before I die... I'd like to play that well... but then again... there have to be hacks to make the
    guitar world go 'round, right? :P

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• One day before I die... I'd like to play that well... but then again... there have to be hacks to make the
    guitar world go 'round, right? :P

Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. You can do it and you know it so embrace your talents. ;) Thank you again for being such a good sport! :)

• I'm firmly in the "not everyone can do it" camp.
    If you start at 40, you won't be nowhere near that skill level at 58. :D Also, there are people who I know have been playing for 40+ years and are nowhere near your skill or musicality.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Yeah, I've been playing since 2nd grade, and I'm 47 now. LoL!

I can play, I just know my limitations (although I try to push them a little further out every time
    I pick a guitar up. :) )

but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I'm firmly in the "not everyone can do it" camp.
    If you start at 40, you won't be nowhere near that skill level at 58. :D Also, there are people who I know have been playing for 40+ years and are nowhere near your skill or musicality.

First of all, thank you for your kind words! ;) I'm a firm believer in positive thinking and I always try to lift peoples moods up whenever I can and it has helped me along the way tremendously. I believe that everyone has the potential to be as great as they want to be. They only have to believe it themselves first. I had a really negative outlook on practicing when starting out and it really hindered my progress. Once I changed my thinking and my outlook, things stated to progress and I saw the results I was hoping for. That's why I always encourage my students when I can. :) my 2cents..

Yeah, I've been playing since 2nd grade, and I'm 47 now. LoL!

I can play, I just know my limitations (although I try to push them a little further out every time
    I pick a guitar up. :) )

That's the spirit, man! ;) You are great and you should know it! :)

• It's still hard to turn average stubby fingers into Eric Johnson/Jimi Hendrix super long french fry/drumstick fingers... LoL!

• It's still hard to turn average stubby fingers into Eric Johnson/Jimi Hendrix super long french fry/drumstick fingers... LoL!

Dude, you're hopeless! :D :D ;D

All it took for me to get my playing to where it is today was just constant practice. Also teaching the concepts to other people was the single most important thing for me to actually understand the theory and how to more easily approach things. I highly recommend teaching to anyone who wants to improve fast at anything really. It has done wonders to my own playing. :)

I still believe you can achieve the playing level you desire. ;)

• I'm happier than I let on... :P

I tell the young on the side students (friends' kids) not to get discouraged because they are an elite few in the world's population that took the time and had the money and good fortune to try to learn to play guitar. :)

• I'm happier than I let on... :P

I tell the young on the side students (friends' kids) not to get discouraged because they are an elite few in the world's population that took the time and had the money and good fortune to try to learn to play guitar. :)

Exactly! I am always grateful for everything in my life. I'm very fortunate to live in a country where I have the possibility to become anything I desire to become. I'm always deeply grateful for that. How cool is it to plug into the KPA every day and have ANY amp sound at your disposal just in milliseconds and for the RM-library to expand daily with more sounds. So thank you to everyone for making those profiles! :)