Buying a Kemper ..

• Hello guys!
    First of all sorry for my poor english and the likely mistakes.
    I home record with Cubase something like metal/modern hi-gain/djent music and I'm tired of the plastic POD HD 500' sound.
    In many threads, having 1.400$ of budget, I was advised to buy a kemper rather than a Fractal AXE Ultra (at the same price).
    I've been read around about Kemper, about the profiles ... I've been seen a lot of videos of comparison between POD, KPA, AXE ect ...
    but I want an honest report from those who already use the Kemper to know what I expect from this device in terms of flexibility, effects, capacity .. what I can and i cannot do with it..

Thanks for help guys ...

\m/

• Hi Tiziano.
    I think that Kemper is "the final solution" in terms of flexibility and quality.
    Where do you live in Italy? I live in Bolzano. If you want to have a beer together you can test mine for free... :D
    In this forum you will find other Italian Kemperists who are available to share their KPA for a test.
    That's the best way to get an answer to your question.

(what cabs are you goig to use with KPA or whatelse?)

• Hi Tiziano,

welcome!

Something in your original post disturbs me.
    Pod HD 500 and plastic sound? This is not my experience.
    The Pod HD 500 can deliver very realistic results for the amps it models.
    And in a recording setting it would be very difficult to tell an HD 500 apart.
    It's the superiority in the playing feel incl. reacting to what the player puts in that sets the Kemper profiler miles apart from its competitors.
    I'm only saying this to better understand your expectations.

• Thanks for the answers!

@rothko61

Yes I live in Italy :) ! And of course I planned to get a fully immersion in the KPA world before buying it :D
    I have already planned to test the device in a shop here in milan :) \m/

@Ingolf

Do not get me wrong .. I loved my POD HD 500 and I managed with this device very good tones (struggling that's clear), but i want more ... for the clean tones and for the hi-gain tones above ... what I've heard on the web from Fractal and Kemper really kills every Line 6 Stuff ........

• Ciao Tiziano, benvenuto :)

Yep, it's true.
    In terms of what you can't do with the Profiler: you can't use two amps in parallel, you can't route fx the way you'd do with an Axe-Fx (there's no matrix here, just a single line with the exception of 2 parallel fx), you can't have more that one reverb and delay, and you can't put them before the amp.
    The sound is top level tho, just like the profiled amp(s)+cab(s)+mic(s).

HTH :)

• Grazie Viabcroce! :)

Someone told me that the quality of KPA boost and overdrive it's not great and I'll have to buy a good stompbox to use with the Kemper ... it is true?
    With professional headphones how the sound quality of Kemper is ?

Tnx to you all guys ... :)

• Grazie Viabcroce! :)

Someone told me that the quality of KPA boost and overdrive it's not great and I'll have to buy a good stompbox to use with the Kemper ... it is true?)

No, completely wrong.

With professional headphones how the sound quality of Kemper is ?

The sound is KNORKE (old German Slang for fuxxxng awesome. ;)