Kemper and studio monitors for home use

• As I said I have the a7x's but I'd just shoot for the equator D5s for your scenario especially if your in the USA. Great price and good quality. But it's no biggie, all the monitors mentioned are good enough. They will more than do the job for you and despite this internet desire to have expensive monitors and treated rooms etc before your even allowed to mix - it's really largely about your own talents. Buy what you can, learn them and use em! :)

• I use Equators D5 (Yammies HS80M before) in 16m2 room. They deliver enough sound, they are smaller than Yammies. But what caught me at start was stereo image field or however you call it.

• The problem with equator is that in Europe they cost much more than in Usa. Jbl 305 and alpha also caught my attention. I hope i can try them in the store this weekend

• Just brought home a brand spanking new pair of Focal Alpha 65's and I think they sounded great when I demo'ed them praying they sound as good in my studio but I think I am really going to like em.

• Focal cms 40 here for my micro set-up, combined with AKG Q701 headphones meet my needs for low volume nirvana.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I've played the Kemper through most brands of studio monitors, from the cheapest to some of the very expensive brands....the Kemper sounds great through all of them.

The most surprisingly good hugely underrated cheap studio monitors are the Behringer "Truths", B3031A.
    If they were twice the price they'd still be worth the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringe…INGER-TRUTH/dp/B001F1ZMHY

Even cheaper.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…687562&pf_rd_i=B001F1ZMHY

• Just brought home a brand spanking new pair of Focal Alpha 65's and I think they sounded great when I demo'ed them praying they sound as good in my studio but I think I am really going to like em.

OK, spent some time with these now and OMG I LOVE them!! They really sound amazing and have a very large "on-axis' area. I can highly recommend these for near-field monitoring applications with the Kemper and really any nice studio setup for anything!

• I have some bottom of the barrel monitors, presonus eris 4.5, and i'm wondering what people consider "annoying the neighbors with the volume" i have them set at 1/4 the volume and the kemper's master level is not even at half and i consider that loud enough. If i were to up the volume all the way up i'm guessing i'd get evicted, lol.

As for the eris they do sound fine for my purposes (jamming along tracks, still haven't mixed with them). They are a lot better than a good set of headphones (used sony headphone monitors and some pioneer open back) but if you can go for better monitors do so. Consider the size of your room vs monitor size tho, if you have a small room and don't have pro needs you don't need to break the bank for a pair of monitors (IMHO).

• HS8s do it for me. Bright but revealing. The other posters make very valid points. One thing to keep in mind is that even some basic acoustic treatment will help any room and the speakers in it sound better. There are planets of online resources for this.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Ok guys i'll go to the shop today and see what they have. I know they have the jbl 305 that gets great reviews. What do i need to make the connections between the kemper and the monitors? Thanks

• I have used Behringer B2030A, and now I'm using Genelec 8030A as my monitors for Kemper recordings and home playing also. I found out that I don't get any added value from bigger boxes.

Edited once, last by mattim ().

• I've used Genelec 8020's and nowadays have Mackie HR824 8" speakers that I like very much. They represent the outcome honestly and go well together with Sennheiser HD600 headphones. But studiomonitors can't give the oomph required to get the authority and feel of power required for the widest grin. Therefore I have pair of CLRs..