Best alternative midi controller/effects processor pedal???

• I have been seeing many posts on other forums about people using floor processors as Midi controllers i.e. GT-100, Tonelab SE & LE, POD X, Zoom G series. Has anyone had good results? I'm passing on the remote for now, a little too much $$ and the thought of having a backup rig right there is very appealing. Tonelab SE was a favorite of mine a few years ago.

• I'm using the Hd 500 as a midi controler and it works great! Easy to program, 16 banks, 4 PC switches, 4CC switches and an extra tap tempo switch with a led. An expression pedal with a toe switch, and you can also add an extra expression pedal.

I don't use it for effects with the Kemper but I've already used it with other gear and it has great effects and many routing options.

Edited once, last by MrVivz ().

• thanks, I think that's the route I will go. The idea of being able to set up midi controls via the software editor is a big plus. I was checking out the Zoom G9.2tt but not sure how easy the Midi config would be.

• I use the behringer fcb1010 with the Uno for Kemper chip.

It's cheap and does the job well.

I've noticed some big bands using them as well. they're built well, They're cheap and they do the job.

You can switch channels, effects and it has two expression pedals.

I'd like the Kemper footswitch but I can't afford to spend that sort of money on a footswitch.

• Ditto on the $$, 600 plus shipping is a little steep for me also. I used the Fcb with my eleven rack and worked well. Looking for something to control the kemper and use for a backup if the KPA goes down.

• Ah yeah, my bad, I miss read.

I was looking at a back up in the form of a pre amp to run through a separate power amp.

I was loving the idea and then realised how much money I'd need ha ha.