Posts by ThrustTony

So if I understand correctly you had a bad experience 7 years ago and decided to complain about it now on here? What's the problem you have a new unit replaced at no cost to you. So if you bought a new car and had problems so they gave you a new one for free, would you go on their site and trash them? Come on man you have nothing to complain about.

I think you've read this wrong, Kemper didn't provide me with a new unit.

I'm not going into it any further as then it will look like a witch hunt, which is not what I'm trying to do.

I'm sharing my experience and my opinions to take how you want.

The support team informed you 7 years ago that no issues could be found and that you should contact your dealer for requesting an exchange or refund.

You can sell your Profiler without the need to take any additional action. As soon as the new owner registers it in their account you will receive an automatic email informing you about it.

When the manufacturer labels your unit as working and says "We can't find anything wrong with the unit, we've passed this onto the retailer, but ask them for a new one".

The customer doesn't hold out much hope.

But your response looks great on here, and that's exactly what I'm on about.

So if I understand correctly you had a bad experience 7 years ago and decided to complain about it now on here? What's the problem you have a new unit replaced at no cost to you. So if you bought a new car and had problems so they gave you a new one for free, would you go on their site and trash them? Come on man you have nothing to complain about.

I hoped the customer service would get better, hence holding off from sharing my experience.

Sharing my experience was to help current users in the long run.

People will only realise that when they're in the same position as I was.

It hasn't got better and that's evident from the response on here. Support not helping the customer, more of a sarcastic game of pointing out the story to all the Kemper fan boys who revel in it.

You won't get the full story from support and I'm not going to waste any more of my time on here.

I suppose I was looking for some words from Kemper which would re light the faith I once had in them, but they always fall short in my opinion.

There are a lot of companies bringing out alternatives which I'm more than happy to explore.

I'm not bad mouthing anyone, I'm sharing my experience. If it's that bad you think I'm trashing a company, maybe actually the experience was that bad and I'm just sharing that experience.

If everyone doesn't share their bad experiences, then poor customer service is the only thing we'll get.

It doesn't help with fan boys on here thinking they're going to get a medal from Kemper.

I shared my experience after years of hoping it would get better.

I feel let down by Kemper so thought about selling my unit.

I thought I'd try to re light that faith.

I'm now sure that things won't change and I'm making the correct decision.

All the best to you all and no hard feelings, I just feel let down and need to move on.

The support team informed you 7 years ago that no issues could be found and that you should contact your dealer for requesting an exchange or refund.

You can sell your Profiler without the need to take any additional action. As soon as the new owner registers it in their account you will receive an automatic email informing you about it.

That's great

thanks for your help.

Concise and to the point, with a bit of crassness. Certainly seems like language for adults. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps not entirely agreeing with your characterization and ignoring my repeated question has something to do with your discomfort

Tell you what, you post after this message, then you'll sleep tonight knowing you got the last word in.

See you later mate. enjoy yourself

Same response.

One loyal customer who promoted Kemper to the point of multiple sales, now selling up and moving on.

Please can you provide me with a link to how I register my Kemper with new owner for when I sell it?

I tried to sort it out at least

Thanks for your input, but this could go round in circles.

I'm not saying they knew it was faulty. Support suggested it wasn't right and I should send it back to them.

They couldn't give me any indication to what the noises were which says to me the problem wasn't resolved.

Care would mean making sure the customer was happy and confident with the product. I was neither of those.

The fact the new one works is a good indication it was nothing but a a problem with that unit.

I'm not sure what the issue was with yours. Whether it was a problem with the Kemper or an outside influence, but one thing is for sure. Mine was a problem with the unit, it didn't happen again with a new one, and Kemper were more than happy to shut the door on it and not offer any further help.

@ThrustTony would you mind telling me the ticket number of your case so I can take a look at it?

Or if you could let me know an email address, I'll send my email address over.

The whole case can be found under my email address.

I've found the case gets looked at, I get told the end of the story which is various engineers looked at the unit, couldn't find a problem, so sent it back.

No change is ever evident in the way customer service will deal with future situations like this, and I'm back to the start.

If I was in the same position tomorrow, I truly believe it would be dealt with in exactly the same way as Kempers customer service hasn't evolved at all

This is the reason I've lost faith in Kemper and I'm looking to sell my Kemper on.

I'm very much into supporting brands who support me and It's been made clear to me Kemper don't have any desire to look after loyal customers.

My question was - if Kemper can't recreate it the problem, what would have them do? Blindly replace the unit?

I expect anyone with decent customer service to make sure the customer receives a fully functioning and reliable unit back. Fact is, the new one is fine, so that unit was faulty and they sent it back.

Would you be happy taking back a unit you know is faulty?

Thanks for your reply.

Loads of interesting points in there, thanks.

I communicated with Kemper support directly but had to send the unit back through the store I bought it from.

All contact was with Kemper until the end when they posted the unit back. That's when I aired my concerns with Andertons who literally replaced it at a cost to them to make sure I had a working unit.

At one point in the communication with Kemper support, I felt the support guy wasn't very helpful. It turns out when you message the customer support side of Kemper to let them know your concerns, the same support guy picks up your email on a different email address and answers you, so I can't imagine that complaint going far lol.

What's sad is I was a big fan of Kemper, and I know multiple people who bought Kemper units after my appraisal.

I completely agree with what you said about holding on to valued customers.

If a company treats me right, I'll go out and tell the world about how great I think their product is.

I don't like bad mouthing companies and I didn't share my experiences for ages in the hope Kemper would regain my faith in them, but I've learnt I get the same poor customer service and same response, so nothing's changing.

Thanks again for your reply I really appreciate it.

After trying everything with that unit, Kemper told me to return it as it was not right, meaning they were saying it was faulty.

If a product is not working as it should be, I believe a reliable and fully working unit should be sent back to the customer.

Without being able to tell me what the problem is, there was no diagnosis on the product meaning they were fine with me receiving the unit back in the same state as in the video.

I sent recorded audio as well as that video.

Out of interest, what would you do if a unit you knew was faulty was being sent back to you? Knowing it was unusable.

I don't wish that situation on anyone, I had the horrible feeling I was going to receive a faulty unit back which had haunted me as it deteriorated and there was nothing Kemper would do about it.

I hope no one ever has to be in the same situation, and I hope me sharing my experiences will help others in the future.

No, I wouldn't be happy at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was having a blonde moment. This is something for Kemper to answer, as there's always two sides to a tale, but it doesn't look too peachy at the moment.

No worries, I would have plenty of blonde moments if I wasn't grey ha ha

I probably didn't make it clear either tbh. The unit was sent back to Kemper through Andertons (where I bought it from)

We ended up in a stale mate where the unit was already on its way back from Kemper with no work done to it and with no explanation to what the problem was (All the noise on the video and recorded audio from different times), but with no work done to it.

I asked over and over what the noise was in the Video and recorded audio and I was never given an answer.

So in my mind, the unit was in exactly the same state as in the video.

If I hadn't refused to take it back from Andertons, I'd still have the unit in the video now (in the same state)

I decided not to share the video and my experiences on this matter to start with, as I hoped Kemper customer service would change for the better. I loved Kemper but I'm now selling my Kemper due to this experience and their continued poor customer service.

As sad as it sounds, I was hoping for some kind of reassurance from Kemper that this kind of treatment was a one off and wouldn't happen again, but what I've found is when support go back over the case, they all sing the same tune.

So I've figured out that this is the level of their customer service and you either put up with it, or sell up and move on.

I wanted to share my experience so hopefully this doesn't happen to someone else.

If Kemper won't acknowledge that this poor treated isn't acceptable, then the companies customer service will remain at a poor standard and the user will suffer.

Thanks for your reply

Are you saying the unit signed off by Kemper was replaced by Andertons, the problem went away and everything works ok now?

Thankfully Andertons replaced it with a new one.

I'm saying if Andertons hadn't been so good, Kemper would've been happy for me to have the unit back in that state.

I had to go through trading standards to be advised to refuse the unit from the store. If I hadn't known that, I'd still have that faulty unit and Kemper would be fine with it.

Out of interest, would you be happy to receive that unit back ?

Andertons solved the problem and were out of pocket, the problem went away for Kemper but their customer service is still poor which I believe needs to be highlighted so this doesn't happen to someone else.

Thankfully Andertons have incredible customer service

I sent my Kemper back to be fixed as it was generating awful noises. (As heard on the video below)

I tried different Guitars, leads, power supplies, updates, locations and nothing worked.

MOV_0484.mp4

Kemper sent it back after saying nothing was wrong with it, but couldn't/wouldn't tell me what the horrible noises were.

The unit in the video was coming back to me in exactly the state it was in on the video and there was nothing I could do about it.

Because Kemper couldn't recreate the problem, they signed it off as ok and put it straight back in the post.

Luckily Andertons replaced the unit at a cost to them, otherwise I would still have the same faulty unit in the video to this day.

I loved Kemper, but this experience has stayed with me ever since. I've tried a number of times to reignite my faith in Kemper but every time I contact them I get the same poor standard of customer service.

Time to give up on Kemper now and move on to a company who treats their customers better and makes sure they have a fully functioning product they can rely on.

Thanks for your reply.

For some reason I'm getting no signal from the direct out when I have it set to Git Analog.

I get a clean signal when it's set to Git + Processing and Git Studio, but nothing from Git Analog