Posts by ThrustTony

Aaaah yeah cool thanks.

Just realised you can control the cabs by the output menu so you can have one output through a real cab on stage and one to front of house.

Thanks for your help

I'm thinking about buying a poweramp to go with my kemper (rack non amp version).

I had a go at turning off the cabs on my Kemper to see how it works but the cab comes back on when I change to another profile.

Is there a way to turn the cabs off overall for when I'm using my Kemper just as a preamp and running it through a poweramp and real cab?

I've just bought an ampeg profile and saved it to my desktop but now all I can find is a Rar file that I can't drag and drop to my Kemper in Rig Manager.

Is the Rar file what I want, If so what do I do with it?

I'm going to be honest.

I've just realised I was using one of my templates in Pro tools which has an amp sim already loaded on the channel, hence it sounding strange! Lol

I need an early night ha ha

It sounds spot on now.

I've tried my Kemper straight into the front of my Mbox and it doesn't sound anything like the profile through my active pa speakers etc or the same studio monitors when they are plugged direct into the back of the Kemper.

I've tried the LL Surgery profile which usually sounds really full through headphones and pa speakers etc, but through my interface into pro tools it sounds really harsh and the eq is hard to dial in. really toppy and the mid range doesn't sound good.

Is it normal to have to play about so much with the same profile between pa/headphone and use when recording?

I've asked about this before but can't find the thread.

I have my 2 Spdif leads now and have tried them from the back of the Kemper in out to the in outs on my mbox interface but nothings happening.

on the armed channel in pro tools 10 it says spdif mono L and spdif mono R which I've selected but nothing happens

Any ideas how I get this up and running?

In perform mode, slot 5 jumps straight back to slot 1 when I press it.

In Browse mode, slot 5 lights up when I press it and stays on slot 5. I browse my rigs and choose the one I want. I press load, I press store and save it. Then when I come back to slot 5 after pressing another slot my saved rig isn't on there anymore.

I've read through the manuals and understand the basics but this has me confused

I've got my board configured to stomps on the top row and rig selection on the bottom.

When I press pedal 5 it goes straight back to 1 again though.

Any ideas how I turn 5 into another rig selection so I have 5 rig selection pedals?

I've just bought the Behringer FCB1010 Midi controller with the Uno 4 Kemper chip.

I understand how to programme the effects pedals (hold pedal and press the required button on the Kemper) but I don't understand how to programme the Profiles on the lower pedals.

How do I programme each pedal so I have clean channel on 1 crunch on 2 distortion on 3 etc?

I haven't had the chance to play with it properly yet but just the thought confuses me ha ha

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all your replies guys.

After I sent the original message I started looking into seperate power amps.

I have a 4 U case so have a space free.

I'll check out the Matrix power amp.

Are there any others that anyone would recommend or have seen that might fit the bill as well?

I saw a really cheap one on Thomann but I'm not sure if it's just going to be junk. I was thinking it might be worth a go as I won't be using the power amp all the time. It'll be more of an extra option in case I go to a venue and have to use a guitar cab.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harle…08bb8f7a4bbc7807151c3751f

Does anyone know if there will be a poweramp add on released for the non poweramp Kemper Rack, like the Camplifier (Toaster)?

Either Kemper themselves or another company.

I bought the non poweramp version and I'm getting on well with it. The option of later adding a power amp would be great!

This might sound like a really silly question but if I'm plugging in two active PA speakers to my Non power amp Kemper (main outs) do I use Speaker leads or standard guitar leads.

Would a guitar lead do the job as the signal is not amplified till it reaches the Active speaker?

Also the same question for the monitor out to a PA monitor speaker.

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm new to this. ?(

Is there a way I can change the overall EQ of the Kemper quickly.

So say I'm at a gig and I've got all of my rigs and effects programmed to my midi footswitch but the room/hall makes my programmed sounds to bass heavy overall.

Is there a way I can quickly dial in less bass to every pre set/the over all sound and keep it like that for that one gig?