Poweramp Add on for Kemper non amp rack??

• Does anyone know if there will be a poweramp add on released for the non poweramp Kemper Rack, like the Camplifier (Toaster)?

Either Kemper themselves or another company.

I bought the non poweramp version and I'm getting on well with it. The option of later adding a power amp would be great!

• Do you really need to modify the KPA when a separate 1U poweramp would do the job. You can even get 1/2-size fullrange poweramps so that you can fit it alongside a wireless-receiver and squeeze everything you need for the road in one compact 4U FX-rack.

• Thanks for all your replies guys.

After I sent the original message I started looking into seperate power amps.

I have a 4 U case so have a space free.

I'll check out the Matrix power amp.

Are there any others that anyone would recommend or have seen that might fit the bill as well?

I saw a really cheap one on Thomann but I'm not sure if it's just going to be junk. I was thinking it might be worth a go as I won't be using the power amp all the time. It'll be more of an extra option in case I go to a venue and have to use a guitar cab.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harle…08bb8f7a4bbc7807151c3751f

• I saw a really cheap one on Thomann but I'm not sure if it's just going to be junk. I was thinking it might be worth a go as I won't be using the power amp all the time. It'll be more of an extra option in case I go to a venue and have to use a guitar cab.

thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_gp…08bb8f7a4bbc7807151c3751f

Has anybody tried this thing yet?

It seems like a good deal for the price as the Velocity is nearly double the price...
    I am using InEars most time, but in the rehearsal room i don´t want to be yelled at all the time if i have the plugs in my ear ;(

Because, to be honest, i don´t hear myself over the PA. Some Problem i didn´t have when i had my good old 4x12 screaming at me. So maybe the cheap Poweramp on top of a 4x12 could give me this well known feeling back. With a little tweaking in the Monitor EQ the sound should be ok i think.

Guitarist problems ..... :rolleyes:

• I'll second the EH Magnum 44 recommendation. I play gigs with my Kemper where I'll usually use both the house-monitoring as well as a provided 4x12 guitar cab. I have a 3 unit rack and actually velcro'd the Magnum in the back of the rack (behind the Kemper). Works well and I was shocked at how good it sounded for the price and how loud it can get (louder than I need and we play punk/hardcore type music). Good and cheap option if it's only for monitoring purposes.

(...) It'll be more of an extra option in case I go to a venue and have to use a guitar cab. (...)

Some like the EHX Magnum 44 which is the size of a pedal. You could put it on your pedalboard or on a rack chelf. (...)

• I have tried some of Thomann´s own Products and my opinion strongly depends on what kind of product i used

For example:

I personally don´t want to spend too much money for a thing i dont really use that much.
    I just need a cheap solution to get rid of the ear buds while rehearsals. It doesn´t even matter much to me if the sound is perfect in this case... i just want something that makes "loud" ;)
    Of course it is not the perfect solution for somebody that wants a perfect sound on stage. But for somebody who needs a cheap poweramp (for the rackmount KPA) it could be a good deal IMO.

I personally never wanted to have a poweramp with my KPA as i didn´t need it in the past. But for some reasons i want to try it for rehearsals.

• Well-spotted, Sir! I think the OP should go for an appropriate rack-mountable solution, such as something from the house of Matrix. Just a clean, transparent power amp which doesn't distort, not too sure of the many options on the market.

The house of Matrix is an excellent choice! ;)

• I just boght a EHX Magnum 44 and can't wait to try it out. It's such a small little piece of gear, but I really hope it does the work it's supposed to do!

• When I was considering buying one for my 2x12" I asked over TGP as well, and I got some positive responses both in terms of headroom and SPL. All makes me think it should work great.
    Then I started looking for something I could retrofit the Profiler with at the same prize, much more practical to manage, to power, to carry around etc.