Anyone using the KPA as a clean pedal platform?

• So for months I have been wanting a clean pedal platform amp for running odd verbs and delays with different fuzz pedals kind of post rock stuff. Then it just occurred to me, why not a good DI of a Bassman, my power amp and 2x12?

anyone doing this?

• Interesting question! I could see doing this with some interesting fuzzes and delays and verbs beyond what's in the KPA, but for ooverdrives and distortions etc using the KPA as a pedal platform would feel, for me atleast, overkill, a little like riding a lion to a horse and pony show.

• Interesting question! I could see doing this with some interesting fuzzes and delays and verbs beyond what's in the KPA, but for ooverdrives and distortions etc using the KPA as a pedal platform would feel, for me atleast, overkill, a little like riding a lion to a horse and pony show.

I feel the one area the Kemper lacks is passable Overdrives and Fuzz. I have a lot of really nice dirt pedals. The KPA RAT to me sounds and reacts nothing like my big box reissue or '93 USA. Meambobo has made some great ambient sounds but when I start listening to things like the Dispatch Master, Cadavernous, etc the KPA just isn't there yet.

• I recently got back into pedals myself.
    I'm using the Xotic SP Comp, EP Booster, SL Drive and JHS Double Barrel in front of the Kemper.
    I made my own clean profiles from my Seymour Duncan convertible with the Warehouse Jensen type speaker.
    It sounds incredible, where have you been all my life...
    I've got a TC Electronic Corona Chorus and Flashback X4 Delay in a stereo loop after the stack.
    Although the Kemper chorus and delay are quite good I like the TC electronics better.
    Someday soon I will upload the new Seymour Duncan profiles.

Edited 3 times, last by ECma7 ().

• I'm heading to Atlanta this weekend for a gig at the Wolf Creek. I've got a great friend there with a collection of vintage Fender amps. I want to hang out with him and nab some profiles of those
    Stay tuned

• I did a profile yesterday of a 1976 Bassman 100. Its completely overhauled and these are considred some of the cleanist Fenders ever made. If you are interested I'll upload it.