new here. firmware issue

• Im new to this but so far I downloaded the rig manager for windows7. When I plugged in my Kemper I got a msg to update my firmware to 3.0.0 which I did. I keep getting the msg to update eventhough I have. Is there a way to see if the download was accepted? I did a restart but that didnt work. Any help appreciated.

• high ej,
    you're talking about kpa firmware, right? which by the way it is not 3.0.0 but higher than this.

first, make sure you get the last one which is release now. besides you got RM 1.3.1, right?

furthermore, when updating the kpa was the rig manager on?

it should work: my setup is basically identical to yours: kpa at latest release, win7 and latest rig manager.

let us know

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Ok, I dont want to be a pain here but Im a little frustrated. I loaded the new firmware for windows 3.0.2 and the latest version of rig manager 1.3.2 and Im still getting the same message that sais I need to load a higher version of firmware than 3.0.0. My Kemper is on and connected to my computer. After I download the firmware it sais manuals, how to update, kaos, read me and release notes. Do I need to do something with that? Help is appreciated... What am I missing here?

• Put a USB stick that you don't need in your Kemper. Use the Kemper to format it (Use 3rd soft button above screen once the USB key is recognized).
    This will make sure you have no problems afterward and it will create folders for you.

Now, plug that newly formatted USB key in your computer and copy the 3.0.2 kaos.bin file inside the "OS Update" folder (very important to put it there).

Plug back the USB key in your Kemper and update the firmware using the 3rd soft button above the Kemper screen.

• Thank you. That worked great. Any suggestion on the best rigs?

The best of the best is the rigs that sounds to you the best of the best :)
    cheers:)

Come on Damien while I get what you are saying you could have given him a few ideas no?

I think Damien's point is that the answer also largely depends on what types of tones you like (clean, crunch, metal etc) and whether or not you are only looking at free profiles vs. commercial ones.

However, as far as commercial ones are concerned a few that I use and like a lot (more than worth the money in every case) are TopJimi's '74 Marshall, a bunch from TAF (The Amp Factory) pack 6, a bunch from Pete's profiles (VH4, Bogner, Diezel, Friedman), and a bunch from Michael Brits pack 2 and 3 (although pack 1 is also very good) to name a few stellar stand outs for each of the respective amps and tones mentioned.

All the above commercial vendors have posts and information under the 'commercial profiles' section of the forum and several also have free ones available to sample including rig packs available from Kemper on the Kemper support website.

• Thanks Mwinter for the suggestions. My delema is if its worth it to pay for rigs when so many are available for free. I just wonder what I get that I cant get with the free rigs............In other words, are they that much better?

• I think there are some outstanding free rigs including many from the very ones I mentioned. I do however think the ones I have bought were completely worth it for the consistency in quality I get across a range of amp settings to choose from as well as constancy across a family of amps from someone like M Britt who (in my opinion) has amazing consistency across amp tones while preserving the individual character of each amp at the same time and in particular for live use in this case..

So long answer is yes I definitely felt it was worth the purchases I made in the cases I have made them - no question.