connecting my kemper through yamaha hs5 monitors problem

• hello guys! its a pleasure for me to be part of kemper community!

however ive bought my kemper (non powered version) today and im having some problems with it (noob questions..)

gear:
    2x yamaha hs5 monitors
    scarlett focusrite 2i2
    kemper
    dr dre headphones

connecting only my monitors to the kemper through xlr cables (xlr half connected to each speaker and the other which is normal cable connected to the kemper itself) should be done in the "main output" left and right respectively right? or should i connect in a different place with different cables? because doing this the tone isn´t that great, however if i connect my dr dre headphones to the headphone input the tone is amazing, 100x better than through the monitors... so what should i do to improve it or am i doomed with this gear?

what gear do you use to get the tone out of your kempers?

and btw how do you install the firmware update on the kemper? :S

im kinda dissapointed with this, and maybe thinking in returning it just because of this... so i REALLY appreciate your help... thank you!

• Hi
    I have the same problem? Have a pair of Yamaha HS7 and are absolutely not satisfied with the sound
    extremely thin?
    Yamaha HS series received good reviews online?
    I will be surprised when i download presets with the top rating (five stars), and then it does not sound good at all.
    There are many Kemper users out there who certainly know whats wrong

cheers Peter

• So many different options. First look at your input section for sd and ds. Set like in the tutorial videos on youtube. Next is to set the eq in the output sektion. Load a rig from thumas or djemass, they are very good boogie profiles. Dont tweak the profile first. Set a good sound with the eq from the output sektion. Than go to the eq of the profile and tweak it until it sounds good. You also can use an eq on stomp x. Maybe your monitors are not the best choose to have a good guitar sound, but the connection is right. Main outs! If you have the chance try a guitar frfr at monitor out. I use a rcf 10" nx sma. The best sound i have ever heard ( and i played for years....)

• Its an active system, absolut linear, so you thr best sound out of your kpa. 400 watt full range. Googel for rcf 10 nx sma. Looks like a monitor. Connect the monitor out of your unpowered kpa and the sun goes up. You have also a monitor out eq in your kpa output section.

• I think they sound thin and unreal, to much (digital) in some way.
    comparing them with a pair of the new Fender Passport and they sounded much better
    more real guitar sounding

Interesting you say this as this was exactly how I felt about them when I A/B them in the same room with the same source against the Focal's which sounded so much more like what I/we like and expect I guess. Try and go to a place that you can try a bunch of different ones side by side and if at all possible check out the Focal's as I think they will sound like you want. I went to my local Guitar Center store and they had 'em all but I live in a major city so not sure the options you have in this regard.

• I will try to sell my Yamaha them and the focal I will definitely try them
    also seems interesting with Full Range, Flat Response system.

mwinter77 What kind of guitarist are you?
    I play mostly metal and I think HS7 is not the right choice!
    And Eltzejupp nice rig you have :thumbup:

• btw guys my speakers started to make a little zzzz in the background while connected to the kemper and i think the sound got thinner and less powerful, besides of volume cut as well... but when i connect the monitors to my interface it works perfectly fine as it always worked and no zzzz whatsoever, only when the monitors are connected to the kemper the zzzz starts.

i´ve tried turning off and on or turning down the volume of the kemper and everything and never seems to the zzz disapear. using the headphones theres no buzz at all in them, only with the monitors.... what can i do? :S help!

EDIT: nevermind, problem solved. i simply changed the power outlet to another in my room, where i didnt use a multiple outlet together with the kemper. thanks anyway :)

Edited 5 times, last by nunofrg ().