Rubina soundtest

• Hey guys, long short story, I was playing with Gundy Keller's Gilmour rig and I found out it could work great for Satriani's Rubina song.

I downloaded on youtube a backing track and learned the song in one hour (I dunno why I never learned this song).

For the lead I used one Boogie profile (perhaps too bassy and too gainy)...

Your feedback appreciated as usual ;)

https://soundcloud.com/djemass/rubina-soundtest

Cheers

• Hi djemass,

i think the sounds are absolutely usuable in a live set. Compared to the studio version: Joes studio sound is much clearer and the clean has more crisp (mids scooped?). The lead sound is not my cup of tea for rubina ( and man, i love your boogie, i use some of your your awesome petrucci sounds with my bfr 6). Imo its not compressed enough like joes sound with his marshall. The low strings are sounding not straight enough for me. Maybe a bit more gain?
    Nice playing, like the legato lines :thumbup:

• Here is an example of an marshall sound that i use for some joe impros.
    It 's a rig from vradstudios

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Eltzejupp,

Thank you for your feedback. I was more focused on the clean tone. You are right about the lead, it doesn't fit. In fact for the lead, I had in mind more the tone Satch had in The Extremist Tour, which is very different from his previous studio tones. this live tone is on the Time Machine CD2.

Glad you like my Boogie profiles. Normally, I will get back my amp this week. Hope to find time to profile some stuff.
    In the worst case, I will make direct amp profiles I will combine with Thumas cabs ;)

Cheers

• Great sound, one of my preferred slow songs from Satriani.

I played this song some years ago on my Boss ME-25 and the sound was so weak :)
    I think I need to try again :) I will put on my cover list :)

Cheers