How to download profiles? (New user, n00b in distress!)

• So, I want to get started with checking out the vast library of profiles in the community and I need to know what I need to do so? The manual that came with the Kemper mentions nothing about this as far as I could tell. Do I only need to connect my Kemper to the computer with a USB and then start downloading or is it done some other way? (All that was in the box with the Kemper was power cables) Also, is there some sort of program for the computer where in you can edit the profiles and build your own (like both Line6 and AxeFx has?)

Help a n00bie out! Cheers.

Ex-drummer, current guitarist of Visceral Bleeding (Swedish technical death metal).
    Also working on a solo project as of yet untitled.

• So just connect Kemper to computer with usb, then download RigManager and I'm done?

Ex-drummer, current guitarist of Visceral Bleeding (Swedish technical death metal).

• Alright guys. Thanks for the help. I find it weird that something so basic isn't mentioned in the manual and the Kemper isn't delivered with the usb cabel needed. Oh well..

• Alright guys. Thanks for the help. I find it weird that something so basic isn't mentioned in the manual and the Kemper isn't delivered with the usb cabel needed. Oh well..

Welcome! The printed manual that comes with the Kemper only covers the basics. Make sure you download the comprehensive fiull manual as well.

• I'm a new owner/user too, and I had a similar struggle. I don't have my Kemper connected to my PC, but I do have the Rig Manager software installed on the PC, and I created a local library where I copy downloaded rigs or rigs from the RM.

What the manual doesn't tell you is once you put a USB drive in the slot on the Kemper, go to browser mode and wait for the External Storage option to appear at the top of the screen. From there, the buttons above allow you to format the drive, and/or import/export rigs. The manual does tell you which folders to use. For firmware updates, copy the kaos.bin to the OS Update folder. For importing rigs/profiles, copy those to the Shared folder.

• Buy a cheap usb cable and connect it. Go to browser mode. Double click a rig you like in the RM . It arrives directely on the kpa display. Tweak it like you want. Press the store soft button, name it like you like and finally you have saved it with a new name in your kpa. You also see every rig that you have stored in the kpa on RM. Fine tool.

• Again, planned obsolescence is different from mandated obsolescence.

I don't understand what you're saying.
    Fact is: it is nearly impossible to build everything correctly for 10.5 or 10.6 with current XCode versions (which you need to build everything for CURRENT OS X versions). To demand 10.5 support is really a hopeless thing.

• Thanks again for all the useful tips guys. Much appreciated! :)