Help restoring factory rigs ONLY

• Hi all,

I've asked about this once before, but I still don't get it. All I want to do is wipe my Kemper, get it back to original factory state, and load the (current) factory rigs. I can't see any simple way of doing this. The latest thing that I tried really freaked me out:

1. I restored another user's backup (Maurizio's) so that I had no favorites tagged.
    2. I selected the option to delete all non-favorites.
    3. I confirmed that there were no rigs on the KPA, by Browsing All Rigs.
    4. I selected the option to restore factory rigs.
    5. When the Kemper rebooted, somehow it had all the rigs etc. from before my restore in step 1. WTF?? How is this even possible?

Can anyone help with a simple process for getting the KPA to a clean, factory fresh state? I'm trying to prep mine for resale. It's driving me crazy one last time LOL.

• Thanks, Paul - I'll give it a shot. But theoretically, that's exactly where as I was at after step 3 above. (Tried this twice, with reboots to be sure.) Then "Restore Factory Rigs" caused my KPA to magically travel backwards in time. I don't understand how, where, or why all my personal rigs (nearly 1000 of them) would have been stored prior to the factory restore. Nothing browseable, no PC hookup, no thumb drive. Absolutely bizarre.

Wife's theory: the Kemper really does not want to be sold.

• Thanks, Kempermaniac - but I already tried that. It's truly a mystery to me.

My recommendation to Kemper: on the same web page that presently has additional factory rigs, just post a recommended, current, "factory" backup file. It wouldn't literally be a factory restore, since rigs etc. are a moving target, but more of a recommended starting point. I can't make any sense of what the factory restore and system reset processes are actually doing (or not doing.) It just seems like a "known good" backup file (or perhaps a couple, e.g. one with core factory rigs, one with factory + additional rigs) would be so much simpler for everyone. The page is already there - it would just be one more hyperlink.

My last love/hate moment with the Kemper. Love: the new Wagener profiles are god-like. Hate: deleting content is madness.

• Mark, sorry to hear you are still fighting with the Kemper. But I don't know what to add to what's already been said. Paul

Thanks, Paul - not a huge deal at this point. Looks like the KPA will be leaving for a better home tomorrow, and all in all the interesting experience of owning a Kemper owner didn't cost me too much. A couple hundred bucks and a handful of frustrating evenings... On to the next adventure. :)

• This will do what you want:

Attention!!

You will loose all your content and settings!!!!!:

1. Turn off KPA ;hold soft 1 button

2. Turn on KPA to Tuner mode holding soft 1

3. enter recovery with soft 1

4. Press soft 3 Init&Factory Content

5. press soft 2 for yes.

6. Enjoy factory state of the KPA

• Unfortunately, Damian, that didn't do it either. It still reboots with all of my rigs in storage. Ugh.

And just repeated all of the above, then deleted non-favorites, confirmed no content, rebooted, confirmed no content, installed factory rigs (from System menu), rebooted, all of my old rigs are mysteriously retrieved from beyond the grave.

Tried it again, but this time restored factory rigs from thumb drive, and again it mysteriously "found" my deleted personal rigs. Trying Paul's approach now.... and that appears to have done the trick. 30th time's a charm LOL.

Thanks all, and goodnight!

• Ignore all of the above. I'm a moron.

For months now, I've been tagging personal variations of rigs by prefixing them with my initials, i.e. "MB [original rig name]".

These last two nights I was banging my head against the wall trying to reset my Kemper, and I was convinced it was failing because I continued seeing all my personal "MB xxx" rigs. Except, as you've guessed by now, they weren't mine at all. The factory content includes about a dozen rigs named exactly the same way (though I'm not clear on the reason.)

:whistling:

• Thanks for update:) So the method i posted is working right?:D

• Gee, I wonder if those might be the Michael Britt rigs that come with the Kemper?

That'd make sense.

Thanks for update:) So the method i posted is working right?:D

I can't say for sure - but probably, yes. All I really know is that somewhere between point A and point B, I got sorted out. I just didn't notice as early as I might have.

I could have sworn that I saw some rigs with original song titles after the first couple of times I restored... but who knows at this point. More likely that I got confused than I found some mysterious secondary cache of memory. :)