RM dont load Rig from Exchange

• Hi Digbob,
    Did you ever solve your problem? I usually sync with RE every week or two, and haven't been able to connect for over a month. Like you I get the message "Retrieving List of Rigs..." but it doesn't ever download any rigs. I'm stuck at 6333. I tried about 5 times last night. I know the exchange is up because my other computer connects and downloads.

• Just wanted to report back that I found out what the problem was, in case others also had a similar issue. Yes, Paul, I did have the latest Rig Manager software, but it turns out it didn't have anything to do with Rig Manager (other than it would be nice if RM had better diagnostics so we could track down problems faster).

So here is what happened. Last night I tried to download rigs again, and like always, it got stuck on the message "Retrieving Rig list...". In parallel, I started downloading RM 1.3.5 from the Kemper Downloads section of their site. Estimated download time 2 hrs. WTF??? I thought, something must be wrong with the Kemper site... Well it was almost dinner time, so I plugged in my little Windows tablet so it could last the duration and not rely on it's batteries. As soon as I plugged it in, boom! The estimated download time for RM dropped to a few minutes, and RM stared to download rigs. I pulled up the task manager to look at the wifi performance plot, and sure enough when I plugged it in, is when the data rate shot up. So I'm not exactly sure why, but my guess is something in my little tablet is throttling back either when running on battery, or when battery becomes low. I'll do some more research on this, but I'm pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with the Kemper site, and probably not RM either, but like I say, I'll look into it some more. Funny thing is I play along with Youtube videos that my tablet is downloading as I play, and that seems to work, so there is still a little bit of a mystery as to why my Kemper stuff seems so much more affected. Might just be coincidence due to when the cpu or wifi adapter throttles since I'm still not sure what the trigger is. Will report back when I know more.