Public Beta 3.1.1

• Never tried that so far. How about the update of the Remote software? Will it automatically update once you connect it after the KAOS update?
    I always keep it connected so the update process can update Profiler AND Remote, that's why I'm asking.

I think its no matter it is connected or not when you update KPA FW.
    Probably the remote is updated(by the OS) when new OS is running (fully loaded) and the OS is checking connection to the remote and its FW version.
    So in other words KPA takes care of updating the remote after start or connection the remote to the ethernet- but this is only my guess based on how different OS'es works.

• <p>

</p>

Pete....did you have the remote connected when you updated the firmware? I did that once before and I had issues. I always disconnect the remote now and then when the firmware is done installing and the kpa is back online, I plug it in. Just a thought

Rich, good thinking. I did have them disconnected when I updated. I haven't seen anyone else have my issues yet, looks like I may be exceptional in a bad way LOL :D

• So Kemper HQ - am I the only one having this issue? I can repeat it at will with my Remote and the 3.1.1, if I downgrade to 3.0 it goes away. This happens if I do not physically move the Remote and the Kemper, it's like it's changing the voltage on the LCD or whatever determines the contrast settings. Again, it happens if I adjust the Remote itself with the physical control, or the setting on the Kemper - after a brief amount of time, it goes back to a low setting.

Pete

• So Kemper HQ - am I the only one having this issue? I can repeat it at will with my Remote and the 3.1.1, if I downgrade to 3.0 it goes away. This happens if I do not physically move the Remote and the Kemper, it's like it's changing the voltage on the LCD or whatever determines the contrast settings. Again, it happens if I adjust the Remote itself with the physical control, or the setting on the Kemper - after a brief amount of time, it goes back to a low setting.

Pete

I too noticed that my KPR LCD contract chnaged significantly after the upgrade. I had to actually turn the adjustment knob on the back of the KPR until the LCD display contrast looked correct and then set the system menu setting to match that value. So yeah there is something screwy going on with the new update and the KPR LCD contrast setting for me too. If I don't turn the hard knob on the remote to match the system menu setting I am seeking (128 in this case) it seems to revert after a bit to setting of the knob on the back of the remote. So it seems that you now have to make sure the physical knob on the back of the remote matches the setting you want.

• Somebody know if the FCB with the uno4Kemper chip will work with the new OS?

Nothing's changed that would hinder that.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I don't know if it's related but I noticed that in 3.0.2 the software contrast setting for the remote was a bit screwy - When loaded the KPA said contrast was on maximum, but if I adjusted the software setting the contrast would jump, and setting it to half would look the same as the initial value, not the maximum value. Perhaps it was 3.0.2 that had a weird contrast setting and you changed it to compensate, and now it's fixed? On holiday so can't test or explain better without it in front of me sorry!

• Nothing's changed that would hinder that.

I read this on the release notes:

"Global functional assignments to pedals and external switches connected to Remote get lost during
    upgrade and need to be redone. All pedals and switches connected to either Remote or Profiler need
    to be calibrated before first usage.
    "

this applies to every Remote?
    because my bad English I would avoid having misunderstood and can no longer use the FCB with uno4kemper

• I read this on the release notes:

"Global functional assignments to pedals and external switches connected to Remote get lost during
    upgrade and need to be redone. All pedals and switches connected to either Remote or Profiler need
    to be calibrated before first usage.
    "

this applies to every Remote?
    because my bad English I would avoid having misunderstood and can no longer use the FCB with uno4kemper

You can use the FCB.

• I too noticed that my KPR LCD contract chnaged significantly after the upgrade. I had to actually turn the adjustment knob on the back of the KPR until the LCD display contrast looked correct and then set the system menu setting to match that value. So yeah there is something screwy going on with the new update and the KPR LCD contrast setting for me too. If I don't turn the hard knob on the remote to match the system menu setting I am seeking (128 in this case) it seems to revert after a bit to setting of the knob on the back of the remote. So it seems that you now have to make sure the physical knob on the back of the remote matches the setting you want.

Excellent, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

• I don't know if it's related but I noticed that in 3.0.2 the software contrast setting for the remote was a bit screwy - When loaded the KPA said contrast was on maximum, but if I adjusted the software setting the contrast would jump, and setting it to half would look the same as the initial value, not the maximum value. Perhaps it was 3.0.2 that had a weird contrast setting and you changed it to compensate, and now it's fixed? On holiday so can't test or explain better without it in front of me sorry!

Excellent, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Still screwed up on my remote, basically my LCD is unreadable. If I adjust the remote and the LCD setting on the Kemper to match and be correct, within 30 seconds or so it changes on it's own to a much lower level that shows all sorts of artifacts in the display. Incredibly irritating on something I've noticed for a few beta firmwares in a row. Guess my next step is to contact Kemper HQ directly. This really sucks and directly impacts my use of the Kemper with the Remote. For $600, even though this is beta software, I've reported it here on the board quite a bit and it's frustrating to not have any official notice of it.

• Still screwed up on my remote, basically my LCD is unreadable. If I adjust the remote and the LCD setting on the Kemper to match and be correct, within 30 seconds or so it changes on it's own to a much lower level that shows all sorts of artifacts in the display. Incredibly irritating on something I've noticed for a few beta firmwares in a row. Guess my next step is to contact Kemper HQ directly. This really sucks and directly impacts my use of the Kemper with the Remote. For $600, even though this is beta software, I've reported it here on the board quite a bit and it's frustrating to not have any official notice of it.

That's odd that even with the nob on the back of the KPR set to what you desire it continues to revert As I said before, I had the same (similar) issue with mine but setting the control on the back of the KPR mid way solved it for me. Hopefully the Kemper team can figure this out for you. Have you submitted a ticket to support regarding this issue?

• That's odd that even with the nob on the back of the KPR set to what you desire it continues to revert As I said before, I had the same (similar) issue with mine but setting the control on the back of the KPR mid way solved it for me. Hopefully the Kemper team can figure this out for you. Have you submitted a ticket to support regarding this issue?

Yup I did that right after the post above. None of the control settings would stay - put the remote at middle, went back to messed up, put it at middle and also the kemper setting at middle, etc. I'm still amazed I found something that apparently is as rare as it is. I did QA testing in two different jobs for software companies, nothing frustrates me more than when feature 'X' is added and it breaks something that to the untrained eye, isn't related. ;)