Solved: Send return loop is late switching on. Qiuck fix needed.

• Fantastic cooporation from Kemper support. Thanks guys :) This is a problem that happens if direct out is set to master mono. If it is set to off (can only be done on a rig that doesn't have loop enabled) the send return works as expected :)

Problem solved, and i am happy.

That seems like a strange issue. Why would there be a delay if the output is set to mono? Why wouldn't this also occur in stereo? Seems like a software bug to me.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Great that the issue is solved. I will have a look, why it did't work out of the box.

It worth mentioning however, that using an attenuator in an analog effects loop of a digital amp is a hilarious idea.
    Beside gazillion other methods there is the Pure Booster available as a stomp effect, that can control the volume in the digital domain by the hit of a button

• Great that the issue is solved. I will have a look, why it did't work out of the box.

It worth mentioning however, that using an attenuator in an analog effects loop of a digital amp is a hilarious idea.
    Beside gazillion other methods there is the Pure Booster available as a stomp effect, that can control the volume in the digital domain by the hit of a button

Maybe he ran out of Stomp/FX slots ;)

In NO way is it a strange idea. It is a box that has one click dial. And six leds. It can attenuate one db with each click. That means that at ALL times i can look over my shoulder and check what attenuation i am on. I canplay a sustained note, reach back and adjustWHILE PLAYING.

now show me a solution where i can, at ALL times, see the level of attenuation on the front panel of the Kemper AND adjus it with one hand, on one knob, without having to look at a display that is hard to read fro certain angles, and still keep playing, and i will go along with the idea that it is stupid. But if you can't do that then please admit that it is a very handy solution for a problem everybody that plays in as many different situations/constellations as i do.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edited once, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• If it's a sometimes-on kind of thing, which it sounds like it is (as you mentioned it's only for lead sounds, making me assume the FX Loop is active only on lead patches), what you're doing is perfectly adequate. However, I think an expression pedal used as a volume control would work in your situation just as well, and you don't have to take your hands off your instrument to adjust. Depending on how you're controlling your amp (Kemper floorboard, MIDI controller, etc.), often times you can set an expression pedal to be active only on certain presets and inactive on others, as well as setting a floor and a ceiling on the volume. This is something that, I don't believe, you can do with the straight expression pedal inputs on the back of the Kemper or on the Kemper floorboard, but more advanced MIDI controllers can handle this just fine.

I know, with the Behringer FCB1010, you can do this, and that's about as cheap of a MIDI controller as you can buy. You set one expression pedal to control the Kemper's volume, and just set the minimum value to something like 80 (instead of 0), and max at 127. You can keep this down all the way and slowly fade up to the volume level you need on those patches.

I'm not trying to disrespect or discredit how your setup works, because everyone approaches their rig in a different way. I think ckemper was merely saying what he said out of a lack of understanding for your particular situation. But it's not the only solution, and it's not a common setup. But, if you're comfortable doing what you're doing, then carry on, and may the rock be with you.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• True i could use (yet) an expression pedal. But you cannot look at an expression pedal and reliable tell how many db attenuation it is at. I can do that with my box since the leds show it. And expression pedals can move etc etc.

• True i could use (yet) an expression pedal. But you cannot look at an expression pedal and reliable tell how many db attenuation it is at. I can do that with my box since the leds show it. And expression pedals can move etc etc.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to know the exact dB level? That seems like such a strange requirement.

• I don't. What i need is a way to visualise at anytime how loud my lead sounds are. They could be measured in any way but since i had it costum built, and since db is a measurement for loudness it made good sense to ask the engineer to divide the click knob intervals in to db.