FRFR speaker DXR10 or DXR 12?!

• Thinking about purchasing a FRFR speaker for home, practice and stage monitoring...

thought about getting a Yamaha DXR 12 however I see that many of you got the DXR10... Is there any reason in terms of sound like a better clarity in bass from the 10"?

I'm a bit confused :/

thanks guys for the help

• I have the DXR10, but have not tried the 12. However, I recall posts from a couple of users here who have preferred the 10 for guitar usage. I suspect the 12 would be better for a full PA.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hi Casper777

Many people use the DXR10, but you should give it a try before you buy it. I also have one in use, but I'm not really happy to play over this FRFR system. I don't want to start any new discussen about
    FRFR and a real Guitar Amp but for me the FRFR does not replace any amp. But as already said, you have to give it a try yourself.

Best regards,Eberhard

• I've bought the DXR12 after testing it against other systems including the DXR10... it was just more fun. Yes it can be boomy if it is in the wrong mode and played in small rooms or on small and boomy stages. But it is easy adjustable for the right amount of bass and you can also use your Kemper output settings to set it up right. I've preffered it over the DXR10 but if you have the chance compare it by yourself. FRFR systems sound much more different than the name implies. :)
    If you have the chance to get some nice priced used one it's also an option, because I've found both, the 10 and 12 very solid...

• I use my profiler with a variety of string instruments. Most of the time a 10" monitor is adequate, but I prefer a 12" (or even 15") if an acoustic bass or upright bass is used. I suspect that baritone players may experience the same. The Yamahas are fine, but the sweetspot is rather narrow. I've moved on to a more compact coaxial 12" wedge with a wider dispersion pattern (Dynacord AXM 12A).

• I know you may only be after the DXR's ... but, why not try a Line 6 L2t if you have a chance.
    I tried the L2t against both DXR's before I went with the L2t.
    To my ears they did sound more 'neutral' - I do use it for acoustic sounds as well as electric up to medium gain and found the L2t in direct comparison more balanced & natural sounding, i. e. no boxiness - which I found to some extent with both DXR's - also plenty of loud and you do find reasonable deals on the Internet ...
    We'll, just food for thought :)

Wolf