Kemper Drive Clone Stompbox - New product?

• Slightly off topic as I'm not talking about a stomp box Profiler but the actual KPA:
    I guess profiling overdrive /distortion pedals as stomps would need a second stack section (or something similar, which fits in a stomp slot).
    This would perhaps need more processor power than available and thus it can't be implemented in the KPA.
    Remember: these are just my thoughts and I might be completely wrong.

• ''The Stomps Profiler'', It sounds good! All the drive pedals that exists in a small two footswitches full MIDI box! :thumbup:
    It would sell like cakes!!! 8o

i believe that when it is possible to design a device able to run several profiles at the same time at a competitive price, kemper will come out with a Profiler II, able to run stomps and amps profiles at the same
    time. Who knows?
    They would save a lot in R&D...
    :)

• i believe that when it is possible to design a device able to run several profiles at the same time at a competitive price, kemper will come out with a Profiler II, able to run stomps and amps profiles at the same
    time. Who knows?
    They would save a lot in R&D...

Yes, you're right Gianfranco! The stomps profiler would be a mini profiler in fact, and a lot of people would buy it in the place of a KPA as a cheap profiler solution... Which would not be a good marketing strategy! :/ And I agree that if it could run two profiles in the same time it would surely be a feature for a future Kemper II.

• Actually, the stomp Profiler would be a MAXY Profiler! The ability to run n profiles at he same time is something the current Profiler can't do. And a stomp Profiler which did not allow to run more that 3-4 fx at the same time would make not sense IMO?

But I had not thought about using the FX Profiler as a standart Profiler! Good one! ;)

• However what could be a good strategy for Kemper is to release a non-profiler profiles-reader that could only read special profiles of drive pedals (could not read actual amp profiles) especially made by Kemper for this specific stomp box device. The users could buy the profiles they want and load them in their devices. Each stomps reader could read one profile at a time. It would be similar to the Eventide H9 formula but for drive pedals.

• It should be a so called "kipr"-file reader.
    Making the "Direct-Amp"-profile of the overdrive-box with the normal KPA and implement this "kipr"-file into the "kipr-file-box" and loop it in the profiler or put it in front of it.

Shouldn't be a big deal for the Kemper-Team ;)

• It should be a so called "kipr"-file reader.
    Making the "Direct-Amp"-profile of the overdrive-box with the normal KPA and implement this "kipr"-file into the "kipr-file-box" and loop it in the profiler or put it in front of it.

Shouldn't be a big deal for the Kemper-Team ;)

The stomps/reader should not use normal KIPR files because this way it could also read amps profiles which means that the new stompbox could be used as a cheap alternative to KPA (not good for business...). It's why I suggest a different type of files for this box.

• However what could be a good strategy for Kemper is to release a non-profiler profiles-reader that could only read special profiles of drive pedals (could not read actual amp profiles) especially made by Kemper for this specific stomp box device. The users could buy the profiles they want and load them in their devices. Each stomps reader could read one profile at a time. It would be similar to the Eventide H9 formula but for drive pedals.

Digitech tried this with the iStomp. It didn't do very well.