Doublefinder for RM

• Ha :)

absolutely. It should be relatively easy to copy a string e.g. a filename from an actual file or a rigname/recordname into a new column (tag) when a new record is inserted into RMs database - no matter whether this happens by importing a rig from a file or by copying a rig that is already present.
    A simple "click" on that column's header and the sorted table would reveal which source rigs/files have been spreading their sonic genes.

But I am also totally biased as to what I consider "simple" and "useful"; e.g. I have absolutely no need for a metronome in the Kemper - I have always access to the one on my iphone and I frequently use a "bodybeat" and whenever I record I use a click track or a drum pattern. So why spend the limited programming resources of the company to re-invent the wheel? But this is my personal view/preference. Many other users seem to believe this feature would be very useful.

I usually do not post in feature requests sections anymore, because everyone always likes his own ideas and on many occasions you will get fire or at least a touch of negativity attached to how you are perceived by the community, if you somehow argue "against" an idea. No matter how rational or logical the arguments are, emotionally you put the idea down and usually people feel put down or attacked if you "argue" against their ideas.

The need of a double finder can be prevented by a few basic rules/principles that you keep following when you are working/messing with rigs. That is all I wanted to say.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Alex is talking about the level of subfolders - not the total number of folders.

Aah... thank you, bigHF.

Yes, thanks to bigHF and you I've got it now. As far as I know, you're correct about that limit. My collection's so "small" I haven't even tried to create the first level of subfolder yet; it's not been necessary, and the list is short.

I must say that your rig collection is mighty impressive. Inspiring, really. I thought I might've had too many, but you've well and truly allayed my fears!

Crumpets!

• I hear you bigHF! As for me, I will always be interested in considering feature requests, b/c often they offer me a vision and an approach I would have never considered. It's so interesting to see others' mind at work!

:)

• I have always access to the one on my iphone and I frequently use a "bodybeat" and whenever I record I use a click track or a drum pattern. So why spend the limited programming resources of the company to re-invent the wheel?

This is of course a good and very strong point, but I am one of those leaving his phone anywhere but near my guitar :D. I use to forget my phone at different places, e.g. at work.
    So the question is not if a metronome is useful. The question is does it have to be on the KPA since phones can do this AND beats AND record. Cannot say something elsen than: Good point. So I should work on me instead of a developer on the KPA, that could also spend his time on a SPRING REVERB! ^^

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I must say that your rig collection is mighty impressive. Inspiring, really. I thought I might've had too many, but you've well and truly allayed my fears!

Hahaha I think I can allay you once more. I made this structure including any offerer I have found so far. That being said, let me tell you that 80% of the folders are empty! It is simply a structure that I wanted go for futurewise. So if one of the offeres has some free stuff going on, I will get it. And if I like it, I will buy something when needed. But so far, really about 80% empty.

And I even want to go for 5 performances in the end:

5 x Acoustic
    5 x Clean
    5 x Crunch
    5 x Rock
    5x Metal

Probably it is going to be 10 performances, 2 of each, but that is fine. I consider this more than enough. But finding the right ones is part of the game. And not the one least fun to do :)
    Cheers

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• This is of course a good and very strong point, but I am one of those leaving his phone anywhere but near my guitar :D. I use to forget my phone at different places, e.g. at work.
    So the question is not if a metronome is useful. The question is does it have to be on the KPA since phones can do this AND beats AND record. Cannot say something elsen than: Good point. So I should work on me instead of a developer on the KPA, that could also spend his time on a SPRING REVERB! ^^

I really like your conclusion -> SPRING REVERB, yeah!!!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Too late, 'Loogs. I wasn't aware that one could nest 'em, and now the genie is out of the bottle and the horse has bolted.

I totally reorganised my RM setup later that night. Split things up heaps, thus requiring more... and more folders.

In the process I decided to retain duplicates, whereas previously I had none, mainly because of the new level of fragmentation.

It's all your fault. The months I spent organising everything and removing dupes before I even got my KPA were all for nought now... thanks to you.

So... thank you! I'm on Fire, 'Loogie!
    Nicky

• I hope you're joking?! That you can't nest within RM has been described here as well as that I (like others) organize things outside RM first.
    Sorry nevertheless, when this lead to misunderstandings for you.

Edit: To clear it up, we were talking three places to store profiles:
    Outside RM, in an own structure (all) - RM (with its two structures, sorted somehow) - KPA, the ones really in use (if wanted, named plausible).
    Maybe that helps avoiding that your rearrangement was in vain.

Edited 2 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• We've got our leads crossed, I think...

I thought there were only 2 folder levels in RM. Thanks to you, I now know there are more.

I had no issues creating them in RM - select a folder and choose to "add folder", and it places the new one within it.

Are you creating the entire structure, profiles included, and dragging all the nested folders into RM? Does it accept this and render the folders as you've arranged them in your Mac/PC OS?

See? I told you we may have our leads crossed. I'm certainly confused... I think! LOL

• Are you creating the entire structure, profiles included, and dragging all the nested folders into RM? Does it accept this and render the folders as you've arranged them in your Mac/PC OS?

No, RM does not take over the whole structure. This structure is just to keep an overall overview of all profiles and where they came from. It's the place where I keep ALL my profiles sorted - outside of RM.

And that's the point: That is the structure, that I would LIKE to use in RM. But that's not possible at this time. Since I messed up things before using this structure, I had double profiles, that was why I asked for a feature to sort those double profiles out without the risk of loosing some...

I've recently found out there's a Kemper cloud to store profiles. Has anyone tried it yet and thus knows, how many subfolders it can hanlde?

• Glad we got this buddy :thumbup:

• hahaha alright then I join(t) in...

Kumbayah ... shit where is the intelligent pitch shifter when needed^^